Respected Contributor

Jayne is getting worse about this with each appearance. She can be an excellent host, but like the others, she is slipping into being self obsessed.  We don't care what you drink, Jayne. I'd prefer that you don't drink at all. Just don't act like you're drinking when you're hosting, please.

Respected Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Closed captioning?

DH had hearing issues, so he had closed captioning. Means that the words appear on the screen as people are talking, so you don't have to hear what is being said.  Can be done with almost any television set. (BTW the words are always a little behind the actual speech.)

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Closed captioning?

DH had hearing issues, so he had closed captioning. Means that the words appear on the screen as people are talking, so you don't have to hear what is being said.  Can be done with almost any television set. (BTW the words are always a little behind the actual speech.)

I'm not hearing impaired I usually have my CC on and the audio!

Honored Contributor

I think they think all that fake enthusiasm is contagious. Personally, I think they're wrong.

Personally, I find it annoying. I much preferred it when shopping the Q was a pleasant, relaxing experience. I solved the problem, though. I stopped watching.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I don't watch much anymore. The hosts are so silly and loud, they chatter on and on and don't give useful information. 

Esteemed Contributor

When I had more than one cat, most of them would leave the room when/if I turned to Q. 

I've given up watching as most presentations make me anxious and annoyed with all the screeching and speaking in tongue.   I used to watch to relax.  No longer.

As I've said, it's Ok -- when I don't watch, I save $$.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

The vendors for Sketchers and Clarks impress me as pleasant, knowledgeable young women. They seem to relate to all age groups of viewers in a lively manner without getting loud or silly. It can be done.

@SunValley  It seems the hosts are more offensive than the vendors.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Closed captioning?

@Perkup. Yes, used closed caption w/ my older hearing aids. Much easier to change channel. 

Honored Contributor

@clista wrote:

I don't watch much anymore. The hosts are so silly and loud, they chatter on and on and don't give useful information. 

@clista  I dvr the shows and I watch it back, if the screaming starts, grab the remote. I like to listen in the background and did that for many years. Now the hosts are so loud and silly, it's not relaxing at any volume!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

When I had more than one cat, most of them would leave the room when/if I turned to Q. 

I've given up watching as most presentations make me anxious and annoyed with all the screeching and speaking in tongue.   I used to watch to relax.  No longer.

As I've said, it's Ok -- when I don't watch, I save $$.

@Witchy Woman My DH leaves the room. The dogs have left w/ him on occasion.