Honored Contributor

I feel the need to remove my new hearing aids when watching QVC. 

Since when did the hosts (especially new ones) think it's necessary to speak so loudly and project at a such an annoying level?

Honored Contributor

Turning the volume down works for me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama Of course, but why the screaming? You're noticing it, too.

Honored Contributor

There does seem to be a level of over-excitement (wink)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Shanus

It seems that QVC has told some of the hosts that their sales gimmicks will be more effective IF THEY SCREAM!!!!.....it doesn't work for me....nope, but it sure makes me grab my remote.....I don't think that's the effect QVC had in mind.............Woman Wink.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Actually turning the volume OFF works even better. And I'm doing more changing the channel lately than ever before.

Honored Contributor

Closed captioning?

Respected Contributor

The vendors for Sketchers and Clarks impress me as pleasant, knowledgeable young women. They seem to relate to all age groups of viewers in a lively manner without getting loud or silly. It can be done.

Respected Contributor

The volume differs with the hosts.  It's just who they are.  What I don't like is when they get off the beaten track and carry on over a silly thing rather than focusing on the item.  Like Jayne B earlier.  Going on and on and on about her love of Martinis and what brand of beer was her favorite, and even after she was told by the producer in her ear not to say what she was thinking.  Then she tried to style the leggings the model was wearing by rolling them up.  The model leaned over and unfolded them because really it looked silly.  Jayne was not to happy with it.  Then she made a comment about Amy being clumsy -- twice! 

Honored Contributor

Too loud, too much silly stuff  and personal information.  Too many "inside jokes" also.   Not watching today at all.    (The rep from Clark's does a good job --not making this comment about her.)