Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

I don't like the screech-a-thons either. But I do feel compelled to ask...

I have seen many threads and posts where people don't watch, don't shop the Q anymore. Then why are they here posting on the blog? 

@BirdieGal

I still shop, but it's only for a very limited selection of products/vendors....and I spend a whole lot less at QVC than I used to.   I check Items Recently On Air.  And am on here due to friendships and I actually learn things from the Forum too on a variety of topics---holiday/home decorating, electronics, community chat etc etc..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

I have seen many threads and posts where people don't watch, don't shop the Q anymore. Then why are they here posting on the blog? 

@BirdieGal

I still shop, but it's only for a very limited selection of products/vendors....and I spend a whole lot less at QVC than I used to.   I check Items Recently On Air.  And am on here due to friendships and I actually learn things from the Forum too on a variety of topics---holiday/home decorating, electronics, community chat etc etc..........

@Spurt I DVR and watch live shows I know I may want to order from. The blogs give me a chance to get fairly honest opinions on some items. The online reviews aren't always accurate.

I also answer questions and give my opinions on items that involve items that may not even be offered by QVC...general questions. 

Respected Contributor
When they project louder during their sales presentation, they think you'll "rush to the phones" and place orders..
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
When they project louder during their sales presentation, they think you'll "rush to the phones" and place orders..

@KKlim  They're wrong if so many people change the channel or hit mute! Keep your voice lower a few decibels and maybe you'll make a sale. 

There must be a lot of competition to get that bonus in your paycheck!! Lol

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

@BirdieGal

@Spurt I DVR and watch live shows I know I may want to order from. The blogs give me a chance to get fairly honest opinions on some items. The online reviews aren't always accurate.

I also answer questions and give my opinions on items that involve items that may not even be offered by QVC...general questions. 

@Shanus

I agree.....you get more answers about a product from people that already own it then the on air presentations---and to me that shows that the demos and presentations are sorely lacking! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Alex likes to go one better with the word "elevated" Her merchandise is "elevated up." I suppose some of her products are "elevated down."

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

Because the forums have a life of their own that, in some topics and areas, QVC has nothing to do with. People want to be on the forums for reasons that have zero to do with watching or buying from QVC. That's understandable and great.

But it does, somewhat, beg the question why bother to complain about something that doesn't affect people much because they rarely/never tune in, and about things QVC is not going to change, period.

Yes, I get that people feel the need to tell QVC for the 10,000th time "do THIS, not THAT - right NOW!" I get all of it but the 10,000th time bit. After the 5,000th time I personally would give up the it's-not-changing-and-won't complaints and just enjoy the forums for what they are. The 'because I still hope they'll listen' rationale just puzzles me after the 5,000th post. There will be no change from 5,000 to 10,000, and none at 15,000 either. 

I like to be heard (we ALL like to be heard), but after a certain point it's crystal clear that they haven't, and won't ever, make the changes requested, demanded, whatever. So then, what IS the point of railing on from 5,000 to 10,000 and beyond? It wouldn't make me feel better, it would make me feel worse that every single complaint post is going down a black hole. I can't imagine believing that if 5,000 posts had met with zip, the 6,156th will do the trick.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

What I find hard to understand is how the powers that be and/or trainers turn out a wonderful down to earth host like Katie McGee and at the same time produce over the top carnival barkers in others?!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

Because the forums have a life of their own that, in some topics and areas, QVC has nothing to do with. People want to be on the forums for reasons that have zero to do with watching or buying from QVC. That's understandable and great.

But it does, somewhat, beg the question why bother to complain about something that doesn't affect people much because they rarely/never tune in, and about things QVC is not going to change, period.

Yes, I get that people feel the need to tell QVC for the 10,000th time "do THIS, not THAT - right NOW!" I get all of it but the 10,000th time bit. After the 5,000th time I personally would give up the it's-not-changing-and-won't complaints and just enjoy the forums for what they are. The 'because I still hope they'll listen' rationale just puzzles me after the 5,000th post. There will be no change from 5,000 to 10,000, and none at 15,000 either. 

I like to be heard (we ALL like to be heard), but after a certain point it's crystal clear that they haven't, and won't ever, make the changes requested, demanded, whatever. So then, what IS the point of railing on from 5,000 to 10,000 and beyond? It wouldn't make me feel better, it would make me feel worse that every single complaint post is going down a black hole. I can't imagine believing that if 5,000 posts had met with zip, the 6,156th will do the trick.

@Moonchilde. Do you suggest sending a list of our complaints to the corporate offices or CS or maybe the Suggestion Box? They won't get read...just pile up on someone's computer & eventually deleted.

The forums are a way to air our frustrations and find some comfort knowing there are many others feeling the same. If the CEO's fail to read the forums (the true Q customers), then it's their loss. Within the forums are the reasons we are not happy shopping at QVC. 

Maybe instead of spending time looking at their profit & loss statements, they should look here and figure out how to get some faithful, lost customers to return.

Honored Contributor

Re: SCREAM-A-VISION

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

@Moonchilde. Do you suggest sending a list of our complaints to the corporate offices or CS or maybe the Suggestion Box? They won't get read...just pile up on someone's computer & eventually deleted.

The forums are a way to air our frustrations and find some comfort knowing there are many others feeling the same. If the CEO's fail to read the forums (the true Q customers), then it's their loss. Within the forums are the reasons we are not happy shopping at QVC. 

Maybe instead of spending time looking at their profit & loss statements, they should look here and figure out how to get some faithful, lost customers to return.

@Shanus

Very well said!

And if QVC wants to really know why their revenues are down all they have to do is come read the Forums instead of wasting their time and money on worthless surveys.............