Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

I don't like the screech-a-thons either. But I do feel compelled to ask...

I have seen many threads and posts where people don't watch, don't shop the Q anymore. Then why are they here posting on the blog? 

Because the forums have a life of their own that, in some topics and areas, QVC has nothing to do with. People want to be on the forums for reasons that have zero to do with watching or buying from QVC. That's understandable and great.

But it does, somewhat, beg the question why bother to complain about something that doesn't affect people much because they rarely/never tune in, and about things QVC is not going to change, period.

Yes, I get that people feel the need to tell QVC for the 10,000th time "do THIS, not THAT - right NOW!" I get all of it but the 10,000th time bit. After the 5,000th time I personally would give up the it's-not-changing-and-won't complaints and just enjoy the forums for what they are. The 'because I still hope they'll listen' rationale just puzzles me after the 5,000th post. There will be no change from 5,000 to 10,000, and none at 15,000 either. 

I like to be heard (we ALL like to be heard), but after a certain point it's crystal clear that they haven't, and won't ever, make the changes requested, demanded, whatever. So then, what IS the point of railing on from 5,000 to 10,000 and beyond? It wouldn't make me feel better, it would make me feel worse that every single complaint post is going down a black hole. I can't imagine believing that if 5,000 posts had met with zip, the 6,156th will do the trick.

@Moonchilde. Do you suggest sending a list of our complaints to the corporate offices or CS or maybe the Suggestion Box? They won't get read...just pile up on someone's computer & eventually deleted.

The forums are a way to air our frustrations and find some comfort knowing there are many others feeling the same. If the CEO's fail to read the forums (the true Q customers), then it's their loss. Within the forums are the reasons we are not happy shopping at QVC. 

Maybe instead of spending time looking at their profit & loss statements, they should look here and figure out how to get some faithful, lost customers to return.

@Shanus

Very well said!

And if QVC wants to really know why their revenues are down all they have to do is come read the Forums instead of wasting their time and money on worthless surveys.............

Thanks @Spurt....

Respected Contributor

I have written the corporate office twice on other matters ... received a phone call from their office both times:

QVC Inc

Corporate Office & Headquarters

1200 Wilson Dr.

West Chester PA 19380

Qvc, Inc corporate phone number:

(484) 701-1000

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

I have seen many threads and posts where people don't watch, don't shop the Q anymore. Then why are they here posting on the blog? 

Because the forums have a life of their own that, in some topics and areas, QVC has nothing to do with. People want to be on the forums for reasons that have zero to do with watching or buying from QVC. That's understandable and great.

But it does, somewhat, beg the question why bother to complain about something that doesn't affect people much because they rarely/never tune in, and about things QVC is not going to change, period.

Yes, I get that people feel the need to tell QVC for the 10,000th time "do THIS, not THAT - right NOW!" I get all of it but the 10,000th time bit. After the 5,000th time I personally would give up the it's-not-changing-and-won't complaints and just enjoy the forums for what they are. The 'because I still hope they'll listen' rationale just puzzles me after the 5,000th post. There will be no change from 5,000 to 10,000, and none at 15,000 either. 

I like to be heard (we ALL like to be heard), but after a certain point it's crystal clear that they haven't, and won't ever, make the changes requested, demanded, whatever. So then, what IS the point of railing on from 5,000 to 10,000 and beyond? It wouldn't make me feel better, it would make me feel worse that every single complaint post is going down a black hole. I can't imagine believing that if 5,000 posts had met with zip, the 6,156th will do the trick.

@Moonchilde. Do you suggest sending a list of our complaints to the corporate offices or CS or maybe the Suggestion Box? They won't get read...just pile up on someone's computer & eventually deleted.

The forums are a way to air our frustrations and find some comfort knowing there are many others feeling the same. If the CEO's fail to read the forums (the true Q customers), then it's their loss. Within the forums are the reasons we are not happy shopping at QVC. 

Maybe instead of spending time looking at their profit & loss statements, they should look here and figure out how to get some faithful, lost customers to return.

I never suggested that no one ever register a complaint about anything. But most of them won't get read/paid attention to by QVC no matter what form they take - written, spoken or emailed.

Using the forums as a sounding board is great up to a point. It's after that point that I see it as why bother. If something is consistently complained about by many over a period of 6-12 mo or more and no changes are made, it's highly doubtful that it will change. I think that at that point threads change to village mob, storm-the-castle-and we'll-make-em-do-it mentality - but the castle has put up the drawbridge and stuffed their ears with cotton.

Their loss, you say? Maybe (and maybe not), but maybe not for 5-10 years. I don't know about you, but I would consider complaining all that time, until the bitter end, a great waste of my time. It's a shopping channel. If they aren't providing a viewing/buying experience I like, I shop somewhere else - whether that is b&m or other online retailers.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SCREAM-A-VISION

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

"But it does, somewhat, beg the question why bother to complain about something that doesn't affect people much because they rarely/never tune in, and about things QVC is not going to change, period."

-----------------------

I am one who rarely watches an entire Q show.  I "Q" check every so often, but have basically stopped watching the channel.  But, in past years,  I was one who watched all the time!!!!  

The reason I add my thoughts to these threads is because I want the Q management to know "why" I have stopped watching.  Too many repeats of products; poor quality of products; the worst host presentations ever; too long and too many presentations of the TSV are some of my reasons!

I have also emailed the Q with some of my thoughts and observations about the declining direction of the channel. You are probably correct -- our comments will never be listen to or make a difference.  But, I feel...at least, I let them know!!  

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

"But it does, somewhat, beg the question why bother to complain about something that doesn't affect people much because they rarely/never tune in, and about things QVC is not going to change, period."

-----------------------

I am one who rarely watches an entire Q show.  I "Q" check every so often, but have basically stopped watching the channel.  But, in past years,  I was one who watched all the time!!!!  

The reason I add my thoughts to these threads is because I want the Q management to know "why" I have stopped watching.  Too many repeats of products; poor quality of products; the worst host presentations ever; too long and too many presentations of the TSV are some of my reasons!

I have also emailed the Q with some of my thoughts and observations about the declining direction of the channel. You are probably correct -- our comments will never be listen to or make a difference.  But, I feel...at least, I let them know!!  

And nothing at all wrong with that, @corita. You've done what you could to be sure that QVC knows how you feel.  My point is, when does it become pointless/a waste of time? I.E., will you still be expressing yourself on the same issues 5 years from now if after 5 years they haven't changed? What is the normal "never mind, I give up, no one's listening" time?

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@BirdieGal wrote:

-----------------------

And nothing at all wrong with that, @corita. You've done what you could to be sure that QVC knows how you feel.  My point is, when does it become pointless/a waste of time? I.E., will you still be expressing yourself on the same issues 5 years from now if after 5 years they haven't changed? What is the normal "never mind, I give up, no one's listening" time?

---------------

I am about to reach that point!!!  Smiley Happy  But I do keep hoping things will shift to a more enjoyable Q experience!

Super Contributor

The lady from Slinky (I believe) talks so loud it echos in the studio on HSN. I can't watch her.

I used to keep QVC on my TV as a night light, and ambient noise, can't do that much any more. Which is what they want, as falling asleep during a presentation won't garner sales. No worries, I'll still impulse buy things I really don't need. Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

The lady from Slinky (I believe) talks so loud it echos in the studio on HSN. I can't watch her.

I used to keep QVC on my TV as a night light, and ambient noise, can't do that much any more. Which is what they want, as falling asleep during a presentation won't garner sales. No worries, I'll still impulse buy things I really don't need. Ha!

Last night, in the 11 pm-1 am time frame, while other channels I cruised by were at my TV's volume of 15-20 (low-ish because it was late), I had to lower QVC to 7 strictly because it was loud shrieky-cackly time to include both the host and vendor.  That much lower than all other channels, including other shopping and infomercial channels. It wasn't worth it; no point.

Regular Contributor

I don't watch anymore,  too much screaming and the silliness is beyond belief.  None of this is professional. The new hosts are not terribly charming,  The fashion styles are ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

With the Q bringing in new shows like Belle Gravel, Martha Stewart, Suzanne Summers, Dennis and Jill, Chaz and Lisa Rinna, it looks to me like the Q wants to go purely into the entertainment business. While we ask for more products, less silliness, more selling, the Q is going in a "different" direction. They are really looking for celebrities.

And the new "fab five" looks like they are hunting for something new and different in a host. For those who are waiting, wishing and looking for the return of the Q five years ago, I think it ain't happening.