Trusted Contributor

Re: Removal of Threads becasue QVC doesn't like them

And "management" actually reads letters?   Maybe one in a hundred - and I don't think at this point they really care

Honored Contributor

It's all in how it's said.  If you chose to rip the host apart then back over them with a tractor trailer, the thread is going to be pulled.

Trusted Contributor

Because it turns into a very long gossip thread!!

Contributor

I read all of the replies to my question.  The answers are many and varied. I was not the OP as the person was called, but I just wanted to know.

No one questions when someone posts enthusiastically about a host or a show and I don't actully think that, if the hosts reas these pages, it would hurt some of them to know that what they are doing as hosts is not appreciated by everyone.

I have seen posts about hosts that do mention names and actions that posters do not like. Those seem to stay and what difference is that from a list?

Yes, some of the comments are harsh but do we really want everyone thinking that they are teflon perfect?

There is always room for improvement. I am the first to put myself on that list.

Brian Williams of NBC News found out that everyone should be careful about what they say and do. He was side lined for 6 months and then removed from the show he had hosted for years.

Presidential candidates are criticised daily and they are, in the grand schelme of things, much more important than a QVC host a viewer doesn't like.

Respected Contributor

Hello, September13 and welcome. Smiley Happy

The thread may have gotten removed because it got too heated.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette ha, rolling on the floor laughing at the thought that QVC would care enough about what its customers think to remove a host because of letters written.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I can't believe people need to have this explained to them.

Here's what I can't believe  ------   I can't believe that you felt the need to post this comment......

Respected Contributor

@September13 wrote:

Someone started a thread about their "least favorite hosts" and QVC removed it as inappropriate.  Why should it be wrong to say that you don't like a host for whaever reason?

There are those who are annoying and those who need to take "Chill Pills". There are also hosts that everybody likes and respects. If it is OK to post about one, why not the other?

I agree with you..   I guess nowadays, you have to say something nice or say nothing at all.....   It's really biased...        

Valued Contributor

I think anyone in management at this site is aware of what the ratings are when individual hosts are on air, how much they sell, etc., etc.  With this said, my advice would be to quickly turn the chanel when hosts air you dislike.  Trust me, this will be noted by management and handled in the appropriate way.  

If a person truly wants to assist a host/hostess in areas they feel that person could improve upon, that can be done in a private message on Facebook as it appears they push their FB pages.  Personally, I don't know many names of hosts and do not watch unless my family has QVC (which is often) but do notice the girls at my home change the channel when a host comes on they do not care for.

Personally, I would be highly insulted if anyone I worked with publicly verbalized what issues they have with my dress, the personality and my work ethic.  I would be very appreciative if they approached my privately and gave me CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. although I doubt they ever will since I am their supervisor.  Smiley Surprised

I also tend to catch myself judging others.  But I learned all I needed to know when I was in 3 or 4.  Treat others as you wish to be treated.  

This is not aimed at anyone here as I truly did not read names of any posts.  Just my observation that some had  issues with hosts on many other threads also.

Esteemed Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

I think anyone in management at this site is aware of what the ratings are when individual hosts are on air, how much they sell, etc., etc.  With this said, my advice would be to quickly turn the chanel when hosts air you dislike.  Trust me, this will be noted by management and handled in the appropriate way.  

If a person truly wants to assist a host/hostess in areas they feel that person could improve upon, that can be done in a private message on Facebook as it appears they push their FB pages.  Personally, I don't know many names of hosts and do not watch unless my family has QVC (which is often) but do notice the girls at my home change the channel when a host comes on they do not care for.

Personally, I would be highly insulted if anyone I worked with publicly verbalized what issues they have with my dress, the personality and my work ethic.  I would be very appreciative if they approached my privately and gave me CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. although I doubt they ever will since I am their supervisor.  Smiley Surprised

I also tend to catch myself judging others.  But I learned all I needed to know when I was in 3 or 4.  Treat others as you wish to be treated.  

This is not aimed at anyone here as I truly did not read names of any posts.  Just my observation that some had  issues with hosts on many other threads also.

@INDIANA BONES

Hello Moroco, 

I thought your opinion was well note worthy.

I, personally have no reasoning ability why anyone would want to say anything unkind about any one or any host, telling the little community, here, what they think, as you mentioned..self giving constructive criticism. 

I have mentioned numerous times I am not here every day, nor do I watch shop TV that often, or even know [each] host.  

They have to sell. It must be a difficult experience to please every single person. 

I view the hosts as a person being a sales person assisting the vendor, but never taking punches how someone looks or speaks, et cetra. 

''that sounds so child like to me''.

**What I do not understand is this: writing about something of value that may be, or is informative to another, and the person on the other end -just stamps on a notice to your post before finishing because there is not a highlighted news clip. IT A PERSONAL LIFE EXPERIENCE!

I have ever reason to believe that what I speak about,i.e., knowing something about a song, a piece of history, a place of geography is not for someone who monitors, to tell me or anyone, that there can be no authorization here to be seen. ''What does this mean''. ''I know of it, or know about it''. 

It is okay to use your family information (which I'm sure they do not know, either). I don't use political names but many do and those go through

This is something that you would have to use guessing games for that one person who knows of something very older and enjoys my- his- her insight...AND  monitors never explains why, because- maybe they 'just' do not know.

I have no idea. 

I make sure of my content and will tell / explain what I have learned, if the thread is that popular.

I find people using other words that are the same as vulgar, just not spelled out...and that is okay..{?}

I enjoy having nice conversations but have no faith 'in' where the small amount of justice is portrayed- sometimes.

The monitors have their paid jobs and the hosts have their paid jobs. Other than that, I think the constructive criticism is sometimes just a bit too police like. 

Everyone here, that's an employee has their livelihood to be in safe zone, one would come to believe. They work by someone else's rules or ...

I think it very small minded to judge some one else.. or their post, a reply. Also, if it is truth wise -it so unnecessarily to be flashing signs- and that goes, from my opinion, for everyone.

I have known a personal insightful piece for someone else to read and that was not accepted or whatever they call it. 

I have respect for many posters and really try to understand the monitors' badge work authority, but at some point, it never actually is explained?

I will not go further because it's not of any value to me, but I do try to surmise some posts `out` when I thought it should have been stopped.

NAES