Honored Contributor

Re: Removal of Threads becasue QVC doesn't like them

I responded earlier in this thread.  I want to add something about whether the posts really do help the hosts, vendors, management, etc.  There's a problem on the internet with reviews and comments becoming meaningless because of internet "astro-turfing," compensated reviews/posts, and also the fact that information shared by an anonymous nickname isn't nearly as weighty as a review offered by a person using their actual name...  or making a purchase.  And the fact is, some people create accounts on the internet (not just here -- everywhere) to post negativity and "flames," and they get some sort of bizarre joy from that.  Frankly, I think the sales by each host or vendor are the bottom line and with the exception of the specific surveys QVC sends to actual customers...  I'm  not convinced the posts on these forums are considered to be very helpful.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of trigger-fingered moderators today (11/15). On the first page of posts I see FIVE that moderators deleted.

If it's not sunshine, pets, weather, or recipes, it's poof-city today.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Constructive critisism? Hmmmmmmm

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I don't ever recall a host being let go because the viewers did not like him/her.

There are several that should have been let go a year ago but they are still there and yes the viewers have voiced their dislike for a year but alas, no one listens.

Silliness

Made up words

Cutesy cute

Ummmmmmm

Like, Like, Like

Irritating voices

Just a few of the things several of the show host,s do.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@golfcartrider wrote:

I don't ever recall a host being let go because the viewers did not like him/her.

@happygolfcartriderAnd if they were, how would you know that?  It's not like you are privvy to that kind of information! 

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I can't believe people need to have this explained to them.

I doubt the OP is really looking for an explanation.  Just looking to start up trouble again.  

Based on this thread and a few others I've read here today, things are either really slow on another forum or another "stir things up at the Q forum" game has been initiated.  Pretty sad really

To me, it appears that you are the one that is stirring.  You are incorrect in your assumptions and are casting aspersions on a poster that isn't even here who merely has a similar name.  You should refrain from seeing boogy men where there are none.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Most complaints on this forum are made about the same hosts over, and over and over again. If this board had any effect on their jobs, they would be gone long ago. The Q has discovered all views, negative or positive, are a natural component of this forum. They do not hire and fire b/c of them. However, they do pay attention to a host's popularity, like LRobinson for instance. The Q values a hosts popularity and tries to make her the Queen.  

Valued Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

I think anyone in management at this site is aware of what the ratings are when individual hosts are on air, how much they sell, etc., etc.  With this said, my advice would be to quickly turn the chanel when hosts air you dislike.  Trust me, this will be noted by management and handled in the appropriate way.  

If a person truly wants to assist a host/hostess in areas they feel that person could improve upon, that can be done in a private message on Facebook as it appears they push their FB pages.  Personally, I don't know many names of hosts and do not watch unless my family has QVC (which is often) but do notice the girls at my home change the channel when a host comes on they do not care for.

Personally, I would be highly insulted if anyone I worked with publicly verbalized what issues they have with my dress, the personality and my work ethic.  I would be very appreciative if they approached my privately and gave me CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. although I doubt they ever will since I am their supervisor.  Smiley Surprised

I also tend to catch myself judging others.  But I learned all I needed to know when I was in 3 or 4.  Treat others as you wish to be treated.  

This is not aimed at anyone here as I truly did not read names of any posts.  Just my observation that some had  issues with hosts on many other threads also.

@INDIANA BONES

Hello Moroco, 

I thought your opinion was well note worthy.

I, personally have no reasoning ability why anyone would want to say anything unkind about any one or any host, telling the little community, here, what they think, as you mentioned..self giving constructive criticism. 

I have mentioned numerous times I am not here every day, nor do I watch shop TV that often, or even know [each] host.  

They have to sell. It must be a difficult experience to please every single person. 

I view the hosts as a person being a sales person assisting the vendor, but never taking punches how someone looks or speaks, et cetra. 

''that sounds so child like to me''.

**What I do not understand is this: writing about something of value that may be, or is informative to another, and the person on the other end -just stamps on a notice to your post before finishing because there is not a highlighted news clip. IT A PERSONAL LIFE EXPERIENCE!

I have ever reason to believe that what I speak about,i.e., knowing something about a song, a piece of history, a place of geography is not for someone who monitors, to tell me or anyone, that there can be no authorization here to be seen. ''What does this mean''. ''I know of it, or know about it''. 

It is okay to use your family information (which I'm sure they do not know, either). I don't use political names but many do and those go through

This is something that you would have to use guessing games for that one person who knows of something very older and enjoys my- his- her insight...AND  monitors never explains why, because- maybe they 'just' do not know.

I have no idea. 

I make sure of my content and will tell / explain what I have learned, if the thread is that popular.

I find people using other words that are the same as vulgar, just not spelled out...and that is okay..{?}

I enjoy having nice conversations but have no faith 'in' where the small amount of justice is portrayed- sometimes.

The monitors have their paid jobs and the hosts have their paid jobs. Other than that, I think the constructive criticism is sometimes just a bit too police like. 

Everyone here, that's an employee has their livelihood to be in safe zone, one would come to believe. They work by someone else's rules or ...

I think it very small minded to judge some one else.. or their post, a reply. Also, if it is truth wise -it so unnecessarily to be flashing signs- and that goes, from my opinion, for everyone.

I have known a personal insightful piece for someone else to read and that was not accepted or whatever they call it. 

I have respect for many posters and really try to understand the monitors' badge work authority, but at some point, it never actually is explained?

I will not go further because it's not of any value to me, but I do try to surmise some posts `out` when I thought it should have been stopped.

NAES

AMEN ~~ Ironically we recently did a study on people in positions that deal with the public be it anchoring shows, performers, support speakers, etc.  The majority of them are Type A personalities and many were ADD or ADHD with OCD.   I think most people here have some relative with one of these disorders.  Very entertaining people but they tend to interrupt others while speaking and get highly excited and go on and on about any subject.  As students these were the kids either LOVED by teachers for their marvellous personalities or disliked by teachers for their interruptions.  

I am not saying all hosts that are irriating to others have any of these issues, but just remember we have NO idea what they are over coming to do a good job.  Personally,  I would not like the publc to vote on if I were able to keep my joy when they do not know anything about my personal life.  Thus, I repeat, IF YOU DON'T LIKE A HOST OR HOSTESS  .....GRAB THE REMOTE.  My goodness hopefully you have a life other than watching sales shows anyway.  If not make someone happy and volunteer (there are volunteer jobs for disabled and not diasaled).  Make a difference in the WORLD.  Man Wink

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Krimpette ha, rolling on the floor laughing at the thought that QVC would care enough about what its customers think to remove a host because of letters written.

Truly @GinaV24... they don't care what we think, clearly. And if they don't care what we think about their programming and their mix of products, they clearly don't care what we think of their hosts or their host behaviors...

As for the moderating, it seemed to have calmed down and evened out, at least a bit, from the early days of the 'new world order' when zapping was so, so prominent... And they do seem to have moved a bit away from the more offensive reasons for zapping, (like my personal 'favorite': challenging the moderator...), but in recent weeks they seem to be increasingly Johnny on the spot. Some forums seem to 'enjoy' more heavy handed moderation and more consistent zapping... Community Chat seems to have more than its share of quick on the trigger finger moderating and hence of casualties... 

It's sort of a shame, really. These boards are about the only entertaining thing the Q has left...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I saw a post removed by one of the moderators. I can't remember where or when, but very recently, like a few days ago. 

The message at the removal by the moderator was that this post was removed because it might lead to disagreement. 

Does not an opinion forum have those who agree and those who disagree? What do you call a forum where everybody agrees and nobody disagrees? 

Boring, uninformative and disingenuous !!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986