Contributor

Removal of Threads becasue QVC doesn't like them

Someone started a thread about their "least favorite hosts" and QVC removed it as inappropriate.  Why should it be wrong to say that you don't like a host for whaever reason?

There are those who are annoying and those who need to take "Chill Pills". There are also hosts that everybody likes and respects. If it is OK to post about one, why not the other?

Honored Contributor

Re: Removal of Threads becasue QVC doesn't like them

I can't believe people need to have this explained to them.

Respected Contributor

I did not see the thread, but it might have been due to nasty comments.  It is one thing to say you do not like a person as host, it is another to attack them personally and say unkind things.   People sometimes are quite vicious here.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@September13 wrote:

Someone started a thread about their "least favorite hosts" and QVC removed it as inappropriate.  Why should it be wrong to say that you don't like a host for whaever reason?

There are those who are annoying and those who need to take "Chill Pills". There are also hosts that everybody likes and respects. If it is OK to post about one, why not the other?

Because many can not refrain from making nasty remarks.  If they just stated their favorites and least favorite, I'm sure it would be fine.  But they can't leave well enough alone.

Besides, a person that starts any kind of thread like that is asking for trouble, and I'm sure they are aware of it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

If the thread would stick to only commenting on their presentation style then I am sure it would be fine. However, for some reason, people cannot help but make it a bash fest about the host on a personal level. Very immature and unacceptable and I don't blame them for removing it. Those types of comments serve no purpose but only aim to hurt.

But I agree with @ChynnaBlue, I really don't think this needs to be explained as I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I can't believe people need to have this explained to them.

Neither can I.

Honored Contributor

Pretty obvious!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

I may be wrong, but isn't this QVC's Website?  

Honored Contributor

I personally am opposed to any "host popularity" poll.  What good would that serve, other than for the post to rightfully get zapped?  Isn't it enough to know in your own mind who you like and dislike....and to just not watch those you don't like?  SMH.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I personally am opposed to any "host popularity" poll.  What good would that serve, other than for the post to rightfully get zapped?  Isn't it enough to know in your own mind who you like and dislike....and to just not watch those you don't like?  SMH.

I agree with this. Some of the hosts actually do read the forums. Posting a "least favorite hosts" thread seems like a really unkind thing to do.