Esteemed Contributor

Re: Removal of Threads becasue QVC doesn't like them

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I can't believe people need to have this explained to them.

I doubt the OP is really looking for an explanation.  Just looking to start up trouble again.  

Respected Contributor

I am glad that QVC zaps those posts about hosts.  For awhile this Forum was rampant with nasty nasty postings about current hosts and previous hosts.  I enjoy this Forum.  There are a lot of helpful people who post about the products, etc.  These helpful people have saved me a lot of money through the years especially with sizing.  I enjoy reading people's opinions on products I am interested in.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I personally am opposed to any "host popularity" poll.  What good would that serve, other than for the post to rightfully get zapped?  Isn't it enough to know in your own mind who you like and dislike....and to just not watch those you don't like?  SMH.

I agree with this. Some of the hosts actually do read the forums. Posting a "least favorite hosts" thread seems like a really unkind thing to do.

Yes I generally agree however I do think if the comments were about the hosts' presentation style it could be good feedback for the hosts. you know, things like talking more clearly or less quickly, showing colors of makeup better or at all, not interupting the vendors so much, etc. Again, though, those types of things are still subjective which is very apparent by the fact that one thread on a host can have many that love the host's presentation style while other do not so not sure how much helpful it could be but if there is a common thread in the complaints, even from the ones that actually like the host in general, it could be something the host decides to work on.

But, alas, people cannot just stick to those points- they ALWAYS have to make it personal so it would never work. Sad to say.

Honored Contributor

Pretty much the same issue as the freedom of speech thread someone started earlier.  When you choose to play on QVC's land, they choose the rules.

I'm happy with their doing this because of the ugliness I see elsewhere.

I also can't imagine why anyone else needs to know which hosts someone doesn't like.  I have enough confidence in my own judgment about hosts and even about most truly important jobs, too.  I don't need to know everyone else's opinions.

Honored Contributor

We've seen it said before so many times, actual constructive criticism comes with good intent and doesn't involve personal attacks, but sometimes the nuances are complicated.  I honestly think some of us don't realize we've come across as sounding mean, and the fact is that self-awareness can be difficult.  Often, people will bring up "brutal honesty," and I think that's something to be cautious about...  in my experience those who pride themselves in "brutal honesty" find more joy in the butality than in any honesty that might be involved. 

Does the target of the critique come away edified, educated, and encouraged, or does the person feel hurt and attacked?  I would think that might be a good question to ask before I post my thoughts about a host or anyone else.

There is such a thing as the art of constructive criticism offered with good intentions and a kind heart.

I have a quote I saved on that topic:

"Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit — the parallel powers of your heart and mind — better than how you give feedback."  (Maria Popova, writer and critic)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Popularity contests reek of elementary school and most posters are at least chronically too old for that kind of thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I doubt the OP is really looking for an explanation.  Just looking to start up trouble again.  

Agreed.

Trusted Contributor

No reason to be nasty or take personal pot shots at a host - but I see nothing wrong in expressing one's opinion as to whether we enjoy their hosting or on TV personna.

I would think Q management would care whether a host is enjoyed or not.

If a host is being obnoxious, we should have the right to express our opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Based on this thread and a few others I've read here today, things are either really slow on another forum or another "stir things up at the Q forum" game has been initiated.  Pretty sad really.

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

No reason to be nasty or take personal pot shots at a host - but I see nothing wrong in expressing one's opinion as to whether we enjoy their hosting or on TV personna.

I would think Q management would care whether a host is enjoyed or not.

If a host is being obnoxious, we should have the right to express our opinion.

I would think, then, that the appropriate thing to do would be to write to management.  Not to deal with it on the forums, where it can only serve to get removed pretty quickly.