Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Event Very Repetative

Interesting @jonbon.  I did go to the Christmas Spectacular website after I saw your post and thought it did look like a sponsorship.  Several other companies were also listed, but QVC "presents".  I thought weird choice for QVC, a struggling business without a foothold in NYC, since the Spectacular is an NYC event.  Thought maybe they are to be mentioned in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, where the fabulous Rockettes are a regular!   But I read the press release you linked, and see it is a partnership to sell merch.

I wouldn't buy any Christmas Spectacular merch, but a lot of people like seasonal merch, so this is for them!  Maybe they do make $$$ of it!  It may be good for the Spectacular too, to have the merch in QVC because out tourist industry is not fully recovered from COVID, Broadway is suffering and needs the tourists back.  I think the Spectacular is also a big tourist draw/reliant.  So maybe someone sees the Spectacular on QVC or the merch, amd prompts them to come.

It's a good show!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen I too ordered the queen NN pillows in firm (even though the reviews are terrible). I have some previous NN pillows that I like and am hoping these meet the same expectations.

Esteemed Contributor

@xryretriever wrote:

@BalletBabe 
I just left the community chat where there is a post titled "QVC Sells Headquarters, Studio and Distribution Centers for $443 Million"

@xryretriever   Is this true??  

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@xryretriever wrote:

@BalletBabe 
I just left the community chat where there is a post titled "QVC Sells Headquarters, Studio and Distribution Centers for $443 Million"

@xryretriever   Is this true??  

Yes the sale will close next year.  QVC will lease back the property, so this has no effect on operations.  I googled it when I saw it and ran across an old article from the NY Times from when QVC bought the property.  Apparently they bought at a very low price (1994), it was the headquarters of a bankrupt computer maker, Commodore and there were no other buyers, and ownning real estate is unusual for a retail operation.  So they are cashing out probably because they could use the cash and the property has increased in value.  So a common sense thing.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom 

I couldn't see any reviews that night, but I ordered anyway....I don't like to keep pillows forever so these will do til next time...these are not much more in cost than new clean basic pillows at Walmart, that don't have the slips!!!

I like to keep at least one new pillow on the shelf for visitors, and if I don't have one on hand, I just get one at Walmart and send it home with the guest when done.

No one has ever complained!!!

They're coming today!!!