Contributor

Re: QVC Event Very Repetative

I'm waiting for the (dreaded) olive oil/vinegar spray bottles.  They must have tons of these leftover from a couple of years ago.  Maybe they burned up in the warehouse fire because, so far, I haven't seem them this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe    The was apparently some link in the report the mod didn't like.  You can repost it without the link.

If @BalletBabe  reposts I they will probably delete for reposting something that was previously deleted.

That's how they roll.

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I posted about this the other day as I thought people would be confused about the schedule they were hyping.

Those that were looking for the Rockettes, Kathy Lee, etc.,  they were on the "Livestreams" not on the actual main QVC channel that a lot here watch on cable.

You had to watch here on the website or through the streaming apps, YouTube, Roku, Firstick, QVC Plus website, etc.

The link to the Livestream page here on the website:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/qvc-livestreams.html

"Livestream Party"

Screenshot_20221105-234849_kindlephoto-154230599.png

I guess they are promoting this to stop the cable.  I am not sure why I would watch QVC streaming unless they made me aware in advance they would be showing an item I covet that is hard to find at a reasonable price.  No need to watch qvc streaming to see the rockettes.  Many performances available online if you truly want to see them on a screen.

The Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall is fun and worth the money.  I have gone a couple of times.  No idea what the rockettes are doing on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I posted about this the other day as I thought people would be confused about the schedule they were hyping.

Those that were looking for the Rockettes, Kathy Lee, etc.,  they were on the "Livestreams" not on the actual main QVC channel that a lot here watch on cable.

You had to watch here on the website or through the streaming apps, YouTube, Roku, Firstick, QVC Plus website, etc.

The link to the Livestream page here on the website:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/qvc-livestreams.html

"Livestream Party"

Screenshot_20221105-234849_kindlephoto-154230599.png

I guess they are promoting this to stop the cable.  I am not sure why I would watch QVC streaming unless they made me aware in advance they would be showing an item I covet that is hard to find at a reasonable price.  No need to watch qvc streaming to see the rockettes.  Many performances available online if you truly want to see them on a screen.

The Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall is fun and worth the money.  I have gone a couple of times.  No idea what the rockettes are doing on QVC.

QVC is the sponsor of the Christmas Spectacular.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon I did not know.  I live in NYC and, like I said I have seen the spectacular a couple of times.  Even been to RCMH parties backstage.  (It's amazing!  There is a whole world back there!)  See the rockettes a million times in TV every year promoting the show. Every female reporter in town has tried the kicking line (OK, this last one is an exaggeration).  Never knew of any business sponsoring the rockettes, so if anyone ever did before, not a memorable thing.  RCMH is a money making business.  Maybe QVC should have saved their money.

Honored Contributor

i found a few items that i needed and/or wanted.

i did my part LOL.

i appreciated the free shipping and i appreciated the extra cash back via topcashback (10 percent.)

didnt watch that much because it was a busy weekend for me. i do appreciate the live streaming shows that they are now doing more of and i do like that they are interactive with both hosts and other shoppers. great chance to ask questions about products being shown.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@jonbon I did not know.  I live in NYC and, like I said I have seen the spectacular a couple of times.  Even been to RCMH parties backstage.  (It's amazing!  There is a whole world back there!)  See the rockettes a million times in TV every year promoting the show. Every female reporter in town has tried the kicking line (OK, this last one is an exaggeration).  Never knew of any business sponsoring the rockettes, so if anyone ever did before, not a memorable thing.  RCMH is a money making business.  Maybe QVC should have saved their money.

Here's a link to a story about their "partnership." I said "sponsoring" before, but that isn't quite right; in fact the website says "Presented by QVC." Apologies—the writing was very tiny on that part!

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221013005296/en/QVC-is-the-New-Presenting-Partner-of-the-Ch... 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know who was partying ?  SD made some kind of joke  when they were  doing the Tarte demo abt  " laying one on Santa ".  SK was saying Mrs Santa would be one to give the Tarte lip sticks/baums   to. Guess, that was the most excitement  of the event.

Stale items , prices marked down abt  $3-$5  and free  shipping $3.50-$5.50  , so most items  abt $10 or less off. QVC changes prices so many times on same item  even when it's clearance the price goes up.

It was more fun when HSN had the online  game where you could get up to 30%  on most items of your choice.

Respected Contributor

OK...it's over...

QVC must've dumped a BUNDLE on all those doubled up and sometime trippled up hosts plus vendor in some shows...

It did have the feel of warehouse clearing....

Anyway....what if anything did you buy?

I got the two Queen firm Northern Nights pillows with slipcovers pillows for 35.00...They were a lot more expensive when they first were on, and I looked at pillows in the store, and the price for these was good. Plus the two zip pillowslips....

I have a lot of NN ( most from the past) and have always been lucky with thier product..

They should last a while, and when it's time to pitch them, I'll still have the pillowslips (IF they hold up over time!!)

Pillows is pillows...not much magic to them, and NO pillow is worth keeping like some bizarre heirloom, for longer than it stands up...so I thought, that with the 2 pillowslips, it was a pretty good deal..

What did YOU buy???  Come on now...we all did our bashing...but SOMEONE must've bought something!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen   NOPE.........didn't buy a thing!