Valued Contributor

These forms are so good.  Such sincere comments, mostly.  QVC used to be an option of presenting new items with suggestions of use.  Good values by offering additional items with purchase, example, matching socks, matching scarf, free shipping on value of the day, etc.  Some of the items offered, my kids would have me commited if I showed up with.  It use to be an adult channel selling to adult people.  We know where to wear items.  We know if we can afford more than one.  We know what makes a good gift for those we give too, etc.  Some are home bound and caring behavior on part of the hosts is appreciated but not behavior that makes viewers feel out of the loop.  QVC, be a positive asset to lives not a comedy act.  There is a need for what you do, now get back to quality, value and convenyant.  (sp.?)  You would be surprised at the outcome.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC we want u to survive!

Thats all well and good, however the audience that we were is not the same as we were.  We are older and most of us dont buy as much as we used to, especially clothes and a majority are retired or we have closets full.  Clothing style has changed and IMO I think QVC is trying to keep a happy medium between the younger and mature audience.

I do agree that I find it insulting they tell us where to wear clothes.  I like a little levity with the hosts but there are some that are out of control.

The times have changed and so has a lot of the buying audience.  We had our hey day.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

So disagree.  My 13 year old grand daughter have taken 2 of my sweaters.  I loved colorful, forward fashion clothes and I am amazed at young people and young adults ask me where I got something and show up with it later.  I just laugh and know I am doing something right at 80.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@matty liz 

I totally understand what you are saying...there's no variety in clothing styles..ALL QVC's clothing lines look the same these days and you can't really tell one from the other!!!! ITS CALLED OVERKILL!!!.There used to be a nice variety---some classic styles (like Leah says she prefers), and some more "trendy" and some just essentials, something classic with a twist.....Now there's no difference from D&C, Logo, Muk Luk, Anybody, Isaac, Cuddl Duds, Barefoot Dreams, Belle, Studio Park, etc etc....And QF seems to be the only one that understands people in different climates have different needs--again no variety...we all dont live in the Northeast or the cold!

And now the emphasis in the shows seems to be focused on "the hosts" rather than the products, and they tell you to go to the website for info, and for the most part website info is very limited.  And WHY should I have to have several devices available (tv, phone/tablet/ website/APP) not to buy, but just to TRY to get info I need to decide whether I even want to make a purchase, when the host is right there on my TV screen!!!! 🙄 Too much trouble, I can go directly to other retail websites with detailed information and order things and not have to jump through various hoops.....

Whereas QVC isnt using their best asset, the ability to show, present, describe, demonstrate and provide detailed info I need to decide whether to make a purchase...

I dont want the hosts to be robots, and dont mind a little fun, but some take it too far and presentations seem immature and silly....we know more about the hosts than the products, some sing songs, some dance, talk about TV shows, vacations, and we hear these endless silly fantasy stories---more nonsense talk, than we do on the merchandise itself....🙄 The jewelry is mostly Diamonque I dont care for fake diamonds and little else or overpriced stuff....I buy beauty products at a Department Store or Drug Store......

Now a days, my QVC purchases are limited to a few brands that I trust ---and its now VERY RARE I even make a clothing purchase! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    You say it so well.  Why don't you print this and send to Mr. Rawlinson's office?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    You say it so well.  Why don't you print this and send to Mr. Rawlinson's office?

@Kachina624 @Spurt  I second Kachina624's comment!

Respected Contributor

QVC is trying to attract a new, younger audience as they should if they want to stay in business. We (me included) on this forum IMO tend to be older, long time viewers many of us retired or leaning toward retirement and naturally not buying as much as we once did.  I do still buy too much but not nearly what I used to.

QVC does need to change from what it used to be times have changed.  Hopefully, they can find a happy medium, it is a balancing act to attract both younger customers and keep older customers all while trying to keep prices in line through rising costs in the manufacture of goods they are selling.

We still do have quality and value as much as is possible now to keep products affordable, and the convenience of on-line or phone ordering and seeing the actual article without spending time in B&M shopping and not a flat image as catalogs.  Catalogs only give a minmum generic size while QVCs   "Click Here" option provides actual measurements.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   In case you need the address.. 

Screenshot_20220818-095742_kindlephoto-349887752.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23 wrote:

QVC is trying to attract a new, younger audience as they should if they want to stay in business. We (me included) on this forum IMO tend to be older, long time viewers many of us retired or leaning toward retirement and naturally not buying as much as we once did.  I do still buy too much but not nearly what I used to.

QVC does need to change from what it used to be times have changed.  Hopefully, they can find a happy medium, it is a balancing act to attract both younger customers and keep older customers all while trying to keep prices in line through rising costs in the manufacture of goods they are selling.

We still do have quality and value as much as is possible now to keep products affordable, and the convenience of on-line or phone ordering and seeing the actual article without spending time in B&M shopping and not a flat image as catalogs.  Catalogs only give a minmum generic size while QVCs   "Click Here" option provides actual measurements.

@KathyM23 

You make some excellent points and I agree with what you said, YES, QVC needs to adapt to changing times...And as you said so well QVC's advantage is seeing the actual item rather than a flat photo-shopped image in a catalog or online....

JMHO I think their niche customer target should be the 40 yr old established career woman on up (the career woman with lots of disposable cash to spend)......they will never attract their "dream customer" of a 30 year old young mom (which is what Mike George mentioned in an interview- and he said -that was one reason Q purchased Zulilly since they offered children's clothing and items for kids to try to attract that demographic..but that strategy did not work- And Zulilly is doing terribly financially) 

I would add although the CLICK HERE measurements are great, there are also times the info is missing OR the measurements arent accurate and Ive had to return quite a few clothing pieces as the result...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Do we really need the hosts doing yoga?  Ali and Jen C look ridiculous bending and throwing their legs doing yoga poses. So not needed.  Just do your job and present the items without your help antics.