Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Event Very Repetative

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I posted about this the other day as I thought people would be confused about the schedule they were hyping.

Those that were looking for the Rockettes, Kathy Lee, etc.,  they were on the "Livestreams" not on the actual main QVC channel that a lot here watch on cable.

You had to watch here on the website or through the streaming apps, YouTube, Roku, Firstick, QVC Plus website, etc.

The link to the Livestream page here on the website:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/qvc-livestreams.html

"Livestream Party"

Screenshot_20221105-234849_kindlephoto-154230599.png

Kathie Lee was just on In the Kitchen with David selling her wine. Is she a celebrity?  She seemed very nervous to me.  Anyway, rather than throw money at a very wealthy person, I will buy from my Mom and Pop liquor store.

Valued Contributor

This new guy that took over QVC needs to go out the door with the previous guy.  Since he  took ovewr it has gotten worse....the products they sell anymore are horrible and repetitive.  Weekends are horrible...they put on the big ticket electrical items - boring.  They have brought in new hosts wgucg screeching and dancing likek fools.    Most all osts have changed their personalities  to be entertainetrs instead of a sales person....QVC go back  to the days when you bought this company from CVN and present merchandise the way you did then.  You use to go on the  road with  new items....think about it,

Respected Contributor

A big holiday party weekend and your TSV is lipsticks? How is that going to draw in new customers?  I tuned in now and then, and every time I turned it on it was the tsv!  What a huge turn off. 
So many repeats, it really does look like they are cleaning house.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  IMO most of what qvc says, does, sells, etc is mostly hype. Back in its beginings it was new and fresh and i actually could purchase items I could not get locally. That is not the case anymore. I can get most things locally and if not tons of other websites are available. Nothing exciting to me about q anymore,Thru out the whole year same old same old items. Lather, rinse repeat.  i do enjoy reading the forums . 

Respected Contributor

Flashlights...set of four.

Address hiding rollers thingies..set of four.

Mark Charles snips...set of four.

Candles....candles....candles....( Better get a second mortgage for all those batteries batteries batteries!!!)

Throws...all man made materials yet all different prices....doesn't make sense. Polyester is polyester no matter who's name is on it.

GIMMICK OF THIS WEEKEND:::: HURRY!!! Before they're gone !!!

That Bissell vacuum/mop roll contraption that takes 1/2 hour to use and clean when 10 seconds with a paper towel or washable Campanelli cloth would do the trick...WHO vacuums up some spilled spaghetti or half a jar of jelly?!?!?! (GIMMICK of the WEEK award!!).  Better yet stop drinking when you're preparing dinner...you won't drop so much stuff.

Lanterns.

And ...drum rolll ( or eye roll) wait for it...PAJAMAS!!    PAJAMAS!!  PAJAMAS!!!

Yawn.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I posted about this the other day as I thought people would be confused about the schedule they were hyping.

Those that were looking for the Rockettes, Kathy Lee, etc.,  they were on the "Livestreams" not on the actual main QVC channel that a lot here watch on cable.

You had to watch here on the website or through the streaming apps, YouTube, Roku, Firstick, QVC Plus website, etc.

The link to the Livestream page here on the website:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/qvc-livestreams.html

"Livestream Party"

Screenshot_20221105-234849_kindlephoto-154230599.png

Kathie Lee was just on In the Kitchen with David selling her wine. Is she a celebrity?  She seemed very nervous to me.  Anyway, rather than throw money at a very wealthy person, I will buy from my Mom and Pop liquor store.

Kathie Lee is latest celeb hawking wine?  Glad I missed that.  Not a fan!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah.... been disappointing.  Only watched sporatically and was interested in the Lumen-type lights.  Thought of one for each son.  By the time I came back to it, I can't find it, or at least I can no longer find them.  I'm not a "BUY IT NOW, DON'T THINK ABOUT IT" person.  I actually resent how flippin fast they're going.  Some of the "patter" is so fast it makes me nervous following it.  I don't enjoy it or appreciate it so I ignore most of it.  That, in itself can NOT be good for sales.

Thought the VitaMix was an excellent buy but I have one and think most people do and am not going to gift it.  Thought Kathie Lee (Wine, AGAIN?) wasn't a good rep.

Whomever is in charge of QVC needs to recognize that whatever they're doing is not working and no matter how they shake things up we know a flashlight (6 at a time) when we see them. 

As far as bringing items to market .... we have new troubles with Diesel not going to be available to truckers.  What the H*ll happens then??   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Frequent Contributor

I agree. I find these generic gift shows very boring. I don't want to watch for hours to figure out what they are selling. I have watched very little of this 49 hour. "Party". 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say that I was disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting but it was not what I saw yesterday. I flipped on early Saturday morning.. Tarte, went and ran a few errands came back home turned on the TV and again Tarte. Switched over to watch a show on Hulu, flipped back.... Tarte. Left for a few hours and came back to watch "Shawn Saves Christmas". About 50 minutes in and you guessed it Tarte. Although before it went back to the mandatory Tarte programming, I did purchase those head bands that you use when you wash your face.

I have not even bothered to turn on QVC today (Sunday). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

Flashlights...set of four.

Address hiding rollers thingies..set of four.

Mark Charles snips...set of four.

Candles....candles....candles....( Better get a second mortgage for all those batteries batteries batteries!!!)

Throws...all man made materials yet all different prices....doesn't make sense. Polyester is polyester no matter who's name is on it.

GIMMICK OF THIS WEEKEND:::: HURRY!!! Before they're gone !!!

That Bissell vacuum/mop roll contraption that takes 1/2 hour to use and clean when 10 seconds with a paper towel or washable Campanelli cloth would do the trick...WHO vacuums up some spilled spaghetti or half a jar of jelly?!?!?! (GIMMICK of the WEEK award!!).  Better yet stop drinking when you're preparing dinner...you won't drop so much stuff.

Lanterns.

And ...drum rolll ( or eye roll) wait for it...PAJAMAS!!    PAJAMAS!!  PAJAMAS!!!

Yawn.

@Othereeeen 

download (2).jpg

31 companies make lanterns, lanterns, lanterns for QVC, then theres ----turby turbans, halo chargers, vaccuums vacuums, vaccums, and its not just Berkshire with throws.....Home Reflection, Peace,World, Love, Barefoot Drems, House No.9, and countless others 😫🙄...there's that stupid KIDS scooter, remote cars.....did they bring back game you catch wooden pieces on a stick yet.............SHEESH!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”