Respected Contributor

You know it's not what the Q or any retailer charges, it is what you are willing to pay.

For example, have you seen the price of a greeting card?  I was at a grocery store (the worst place to buy a card) and the man in front of me at the check out bought a card for $8.50!!!!  How do I know that's what he paid for it, for some reason his itemized list of purchases was right in front of me even though I was behind him.  

I thought to myself, (1) he's a guy (2) they had what he needed and bought it.   So point in case, he was willing to pay 8.50 for a greeting card so does that mean the store is ripping off their customers, no, but he needed it and was willing to pay for it.

Now me, I'm not willing to pay that price and will go out of my way to the Dollar Store for a 50 cent card or if I feel I can splurge, one of those dollar one's.   Love splurging at the dollar store.

Valued Contributor

This reminds me of years ago I was shopping with my Mom. I worked so Saturday was my day to do food shopping. I really wanted to do it as fast as possible so me & my Mom & Dad could spend the day together. So, we go out to shop and we are in a store that both of us like. I pick up Chicken Cutlets and my Mom says to me.Don't buy those here and I say WHY? and she says they are $2.99 a pound and they are on sale in another store,which was no where near where we were. I had a Car,but that wasn't the point.So, I told my Mom.you want these chicken cutlets,Right? So tell me what you want to pay? 1.99 a pound? Ok I'll give you the difference of what these cost and what you are willing to pay,to save time & gas & parking etc..She laughed at me and said that's crazy.. I said no it's not. We now are finished shopping and go home and sit with Daddy and enjoy the rest of the day!

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I interviewed a nice young woman for a job.  She had a diamonique necklace on; we discussed QVC a bit. 

Turns out she had worked at QVC as a phone person. She told me that employees get great discounts.  She had gifted all her family members big expense items like computers, micro- waves, TV's, mattresses because her cut was so good!!

Esteemed Contributor

It's been 30% for years. Kathy Levine first mentioned it.

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago I was shoppng at the Frazer outlet store. So was JRT,

She checked out ahead of me and used her QVC discount- at the outlet.

That's a woman who knows how to shop.

It was clear that she was very familiar with the store inventory. I remember her making a bee-line to a Joan Rivers necklace from several feet away.

Honored Contributor

@Flyer98 I apologize for my snotty post. I am going to ask the Mods to remove it. I was in a p i s s y mood and should have kept my hands off the keyboard. I really am sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Flyer98  If you are thinking about it  that much, perhaps you should apply for a QVC job.

@Pearlee I've been on the Q tour three times and thought that it would be a fun place to work...this was about 10 years ago.  Unfortunately West Chester, PA is about an hour away and just too far for me.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Flyer98  If you are thinking about it  that much, perhaps you should apply for a QVC job.

@Pearlee I've been on the Q tour three times and thought that it would be a fun place to work...this was about 10 years ago.  Unfortunately West Chester, PA is about an hour away and just too far for me.

@haddon9. Lots of Q changes in the past 10 years sine you were there. The CA warehouse is just one.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Flyer98 I apologize for my snotty post. I am going to ask the Mods to remove it. I was in a p i s s y mood and should have kept my hands off the keyboard. I really am sorry.

You can always delete your post.

Valued Contributor
@Love my grandkids
So nice to see an apology on here. It’s unusual since most respond defensively and like to argue their point. Kudos to you for taking the time to reach back out!