Honored Contributor

@Flyer98 wrote:

@Pearlee That would be a loooong commute. And since I have no retail experience, I don't think I'd stand a chance with all the layoffs.

@Flyer98  There's still hope! They have warehouses outside PA and maybe call centers too.. 🙂

Regular Contributor

@Pearlee I failed to mention I'll be 63 this month.  I'm still working but I think that career change ship has sailed.  It's kind of sad.  I hated working when I was raising a family and now I see so many jobs that sound interesting.  I have a job I enjoy though so thankful for that.

Esteemed Contributor

You can't disagree with someone who doesn't give an opinion and the OP offered no opinion, just her thought process since she became aware of the discount.  I may not think a comment is snarky, but woulds say unnecessary.

Honored Contributor

Come on people!  This person said she was a newbie here.

It's not nice to bust on anyone; but especially not to be rude or mean to someone who just joined a group.

I don't know her answer and normally I'd just ignore this.  

However, I'd like for the new person to think better of all of us.

With that in mind I'd like to address this to

@Flyer98 .  Please understand most people are kind.  Perhaps some were just having a bad day.  We all have bad days.  Please continue to post.  

Everyone's post is valued and appreciated.

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Thank you for your kindness.  I was so happy to find these boards over the pandemic.  I have really enjoyed the shopping and makeup reviews. I think I'll just stick to commenting on others' posts from now on (and only if I have something positive to say).  Thanks again

Honored Contributor

@Flyer98 @I think all too often people are reluctant to post because they don't want to set themselves up for rude posts.

As I said, most people here are kind.  Everyone is intelligent and have interesting things to say.

I've learned a lot thru these boards.

I'm sure we could all learn from your posts too.

Please have a good weekend and be safe.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Employee Discount

[ Edited ]

To ALL the women who are so busy doing other things.............

Well pay attention.........

It has come to my attention that I purchased this humongous package of Angel Soft and thought I was getting this great deal.....counted the sheets and said to myself, wow, this is a great deal.  Please keep in mind i usually buy a Sam's Club or Costco brand huge package.

So I opened this package tonight and thought, what the heck is going on, the width of these sheets are a whole 3/4" shorter than the Costco brand!!

You really can notice the difference!  They can mess around with employee discounts, raise the prices of my mayo but really, cut a whole 3/4" off my roll of TP.  To bad it's nonreturnable.

On that note, hope everyone has a great night and a better Saturday.

Regular Contributor

@Just Bling Your post made me laugh.  At one time, I would get a wider roll of Cottonelle when I purchased from Costco rather than Target.  THEN, I couldn't find Cottonelle at Costco.  So, I thought I would be smart and order it online from Costco.  Well, it came but it was the same width as the Target.  However, it was right before the pandemic started, so at least I was well stocked when the toilet paper shortage came along.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flyer98 wrote:

@Just Bling Your post made me laugh.  At one time, I would get a wider roll of Cottonelle when I purchased from Costco rather than Target.  THEN, I couldn't find Cottonelle at Costco.  So, I thought I would be smart and order it online from Costco.  Well, it came but it was the same width as the Target.  However, it was right before the pandemic started, so at least I was well stocked when the toilet paper shortage came along.  

Talking TP always makes me laugh too but tonight thinking that I got such a great deal and opening that package, my mouth dropped...how dare they!!

What's even more funny is I was running around the house (it's late) looking for darn ruler, I just HAD to get these sheets measured.

So another tip, always keep a ruler in a place where you would remember where you put it.

Speaking of rulers, didn't the Q sent out tape measures to their customers years ago, now what in the heck did I do with that?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The boards have a lot of snark. Don’t let that deter you.

There’s opinions, which are fine, but then there’s the unnecessary belittling. And those that say there’s not snark, you’re probably part of the snark.