Honored Contributor

Re: QVC CONTINUING TO INCORRECTLY CREDIT RETURNS - AD NAUSEAM

@Lipstickdivawrote:

Honestly, if I had these kinds of problems I would quit shopping with them.

There is no reason why anyone should have to contact QVC first to let them know a return is being made using your own label.  There is no excuse why QVC keeps deducting the return label charge over and over when a return is made at the customer's expense.

@Lipstickdiva  I am so close to just closing my acct. & pulling the plug on Q shopping!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Are you saying that you bought the item on easy pay and had paid all of the ezpays when you returned the tree, but they're refunding you the easy pay amounts monthly instead of the lump sum, even though you had paid off the easy pays, before returning?

If I understood that correctly, that is definitely wrong!

If so, they're 'floating' on the customer's money, meaning they're continuing to earn interest on your money that they already have in their accounts.

When they refund easy pays they refund the entire amount when you make the return ...exactly the same amount just each easy payment is listed separately. You don't wait to receive your money.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Lipstickdivawrote:

Honestly, if I had these kinds of problems I would quit shopping with them.

There is no reason why anyone should have to contact QVC first to let them know a return is being made using your own label.  There is no excuse why QVC keeps deducting the return label charge over and over when a return is made at the customer's expense.

@Lipstickdiva  I am so close to just closing my acct. & pulling the plug on Q shopping!

@Shanus...if you close your shopping account will you be able to continue to post on the forums?

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Are you saying that you bought the item on easy pay and had paid all of the ezpays when you returned the tree, but they're refunding you the easy pay amounts monthly instead of the lump sum, even though you had paid off the easy pays, before returning?

If so, they're 'floating' on the customer's money, meaning they're continuing to earn interest on your money that they already have in their accounts.

When they refund easy pays they refund the entire amount when you make the return ...exactly the same amount just each easy payment is listed separately. You don't wait to receive your money.

@Trinity11, this is the way it has always worked for me.  If I return an item and made 2 easpayments, for example, they refund each easypayment separately but at the same time or within a day. They don't credit me monthly with easypayment refunds. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Annabellethecat66

@Trinity11, this is the way it has always worked for me.  If I return an item and made 2 easpayments, for example, they refund each easypayment separately but at the same time or within a day. They don't credit me monthly with easypayment refunds. 

@Lipstickdiva....I wish a mod would correct the misinformation on this thread. QVC is not holding your money as Annabelle thinks...

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Annabellethecat66

@Trinity11  I was just getting ready to post something similar but was waiting until I read all of the responses first. You are correct, if you return an order on easy pay, you do not get your refund in monthly increments. You get your refund all at one time but the same way you paid for the item. If you paid using 3 easy pays, then you will get refunded those same 3 easy pays separately.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 I'm telling you that some of the items (many of them were long ago paid for).  

However, the return money was paid back exactly the way it was taken out of my debit card.  

OK, for instance, the Christmas tree was $250.  It was on easy pay, taken out divided by 6 monthly payments.  So, say $41.67 was taken out each month until it (the tree) was paid off.

When the money was refunded, by then it had been paid off, instead of refunding the full $250 I have been paid $41.67 each month until the $250 is paid off.

This is just an example to show you what I'm talking about.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@Trinity11 I'm telling you that some of the items (many of them were long ago paid for).  

However, the return money was paid back exactly the way it was taken out of my debit card.  

OK, for instance, the Christmas tree was $250.  It was on easy pay, taken out divided by 6 monthly payments.  So, say $41.67 was taken out each month until it (the tree) was paid off.

When the money was refunded, by then it had been paid off, instead of refunding the full $250 I have been paid $41.67 each month until the $250 is paid off.

This is just an example to show you what I'm talking about.  

@Annabellethecat66... do you mean that the eg. you were refunded in January $41.67 and then in February, March etc. the same? If your refund was $250 why would monthly payments to you be refunded in such a manner? Did you call Customer Service to find out why. I suspect there is something missing because it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe they can explain it to you. I know from shopping with QVC for 28 years, never have any easy pays ever been refunded in that way....

If the total amount refunded was $250, I would see 6 easy pays divided equally all in the same month's statement. Each would be listed separately.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 I just used that for an example.  I don't remember what I paid for the 5' tree, but I know it was long ago paid off.

Yes, that's the way I understood it.  If you could see the print out of my bank statement your eyes would bug out!  It's crazy all of the small deposits!  It's crazy!

I did call customer service and that's what they told me.  I only know what I see when I look at the daily deposits and withdrawls.

I couldn't believe all of the small amounts.  It's been going on for some time but I am lazy so I just ignored it.  I usually return things very quickly so I just figured "Ok, that's what I'd paid and that's what I get".  But then when I knew I'd paid a lot more into some things, I finally decided to call.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@Trinity11 I just used that for an example.  I don't remember what I paid for the 5' tree, but I know it was long ago paid off.

Yes, that's the way I understood it.  If you could see the print out of my bank statement your eyes would bug out!  It's crazy all of the small deposits!  It's crazy!

I did call customer service and that's what they told me.  I only know what I see when I look at the daily deposits and withdrawls.

I couldn't believe all of the small amounts.  It's been going on for some time but I am lazy so I just ignored it.  I usually return things very quickly so I just figured "Ok, that's what I'd paid and that's what I get".  But then when I knew I'd paid a lot more into some things, I finally decided to call.

@Annabellethecat66....it reads like you are having some difficulty keeping up with what you are being charged and what your exact refunds should be. Perhaps, some of your refund amounts are for various items and it may be confusing you thinking it was for something else.

If you are purchasing a lot, perhaps, you could jot down what you bought, date and easy pay amounts. Then if you return something, you will know the exact amount you should receive in a refund. Remember they take out original shipping and if you use their label, they charge $6.95.