Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC CONTINUING TO INCORRECTLY CREDIT RETURNS - AD NAUSEAM

I called customer service just yesterday to get my shipping charges credited back.  But in my case, it was ALL the shipping.  There was a Bob Mackie blouse I was interested in.  I am between sizes so I wanted to check the garment measurments.  But to my surprise, there WERE NO MEASUREMENTS  on the website.  I called customer service and they did not have them either.  So I ordered two sizes of the same blouse and was assured that all my shipping would be on them.  I ended up returning both and explained it well on the paperwork.  There should have been a note on my account about what happened. But, they deducted shipping charges anyway.  It got fixed, but Geez !!!  I wonder if they do this on purpose to increase their profits for those who don't pay attention to their returns.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I use to use Easypay for everything.....At the  of the year I stopped and just pay for everything in full.

I can keep track of what I owe much better paying in full ..and Although I rarely return anything,  but, if I did , I just get that money back all at once. 

Easypay is a  never ending  trap that people get sucked into....almost like debt....it is Evil.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom that is exactly what they do they credit you back in increments as you paid on the Easy Pays, not only is it confusing, it is wrong!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

The accounting department at QVC uses some very creative bookkeeping.

@Kachina624

And the warehouse conveniently misses the damaged/defective noted on return slips, as well as whether or not the label was used, and charge you anyway unless you call LOL!

I guess the warehouse staff is well trained, not incompetent as I first thought, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

This return label fiasco sounds like a lawyer's dream case. This is the stuff class action lawsuits stem from. I think we all know people who are less than diligent when it comes to checking credit card and bank statements as they think the companies they are buying from are accurately billing/crediting them. If you can clip enough people for a $6.95 label they didn't use on a return, that sure can translate into big bucks going in to a company's coffers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2wrote:
This return label fiasco sounds like a lawyer's dream case. This is the stuff class action lawsuits stem from. I think we all know people who are less than diligent when it comes to checking credit card and bank statements as they think the companies they are buying from are accurately billing/crediting them. If you can clip enough people for a $6.95 label they didn't use on a return, that sure can translate into big bucks going in to a company's coffers.

Interesting you mention this-  HSN specifically notes on your bill when they're charging you for a return shipping label. You can spot it in an instant.  QVC adjusts  your return amount and it's really hard to decipher. The last time I was on the phone with a QVC supervisor- for approx 45 minutes going over details of returns (I went back a full year just to be sure!) - I suggested QVC do the same thing. It would be clearer communications to the customer: 'Great idea!!' 'I'll suggest that to my Manager!'  Has anything  changed?  They're making money on this- unless the customer catches it. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I agree with you.  I can see where it could help someone who uses it for large items they might otherwise not be able to afford.

I think it shows how stupid I am for trying to rationalize my thinking!  I do have the money to just pay cash (which is actually what I'm doing since I use a debit card!  I kept thinking...."well, I don't really need it, so ...technically I'm only out (whatever easy pay amount)."

I don't like messing with paying things that's why I don't have any credit cards or any bills other than like electricity, etc.  Everything comes out of my accounts automatically.  

As I've said I buy a lot of stuff (that's what it is...stuff) from QVC and a little from HSN.  The good thing about this is it's made me realize how stupid my thinking was.

Stupid especially since I usually just give away most of the things anyway.  I have friends who do things for me all of the time.  They don't need or want payment but they often see things in my house they might like and if they want it, they can have it.  It's not about the material thing, I think I'm an optimist like (I'll use it to cook...and the fact is I don't cook much these days).

Many of my friends have received surprised gifts from me I've had sent to them.  Just something I like to do.

Anyway, I'm not blaming anyone.  I'm just saying I had no idea when I did send something back it's credited monthly.  

I'm surprised other people haven't mentioned this as I know I'm not the only person.  How could I be?

Honored Contributor

True "mistakes" have roughly a 50/50 percentage of landing on one side or the other.    True errors never favor one side exclusively, chances rarely work that way or if they seem to, they eventually shake out to somewhere near 50/50..... if it does favor one side, then chances are it's rigged in order to achieve that end.  AND when it's predominately shown to be consistently in favor of the corporation rather than the customer then what is going on  is very clear.     

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I can send something by priority mail with free tracking for less than Q charges for their return label.  It's not a hassle to do so.  I even print the label online.

Q's return label goes parcel post, the slowest way.  USPS doesn't scan these so no one knows where they are.  If you don't take it to your post office/grocery store postal suboffice to have it scanned in, you don't have any proof it was mailed and Q can say they never received it.  

Honored Contributor

If I purchase several things in same month, my bank statement doesn’t say “credit for Isaac sweater”....I have no idea which items have been credited and which have not. 

The return system and notification of receipt of items needs to revamped ASAP. 

I’m about 24 hrs. from being done w/ inadequate handling of sales, order processing, returns, especially if have to go to site & have label printed because no label included in pkg. 

Order 2 tees at same time from same show? Arrive in separate pkgs. & if returned together w/ 1 label, CS says codes won’t match up for 2nd tee and may not get credit....so $6.95 to return each $23 tee in its own bag?

Something’s going on here & it doesn’t smell right to me.