Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@TY wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

The show was called "The Find."  It was not meant as a "how-to-work-in-your-garden" show and was never advertised in that way at all.

Is the only time someone goes into their garden to work?  No.

The clothing was relevant to the show because the host was enjoying the garden, not working in the garden.

Actually, it was the garden edition of "The Find" and everything that was offered had to do with being outdoors in your garden...from a pair of sunglasses, a sun hat, outdoor decor, garden tools and plants so yes, looking like you are dressed for being outdoors in a garden is something that I would expect a host to do even if it's a cheesy looking indoor set with fake grass.

http://www.qvc.com/ItemsRecentlyOnAirView?showType=ItemsRecentlyOnAir&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&...

I realize that, @TY 

The point is the show was not about doing garden work, but about enjoying being outside in your yard/garden. 

Consider being at home, a friend comes over, you go outside to show off "stuff" you've been enjoying and/or using outside.  Those items could easily include things like pruning shears.  Just because someone shows a friend new pruning shears, does not mean they have to wear heavy duty gardening clothes if no pruning is going to take place.

OK, your scenario is a reasonable one. I rather expect that Shawn dresses for social media because any publicity including page views, likes, and replies pushes sales!

Esteemed Contributor

I notice the ladies dress glamorously on Sat. I'm thinking they might do this b/c there are more males interested at that time. I say this b/c you would think they would dress more casually on what they sell on weekends, but I notice both Kirsten and Albany dress provocatively. This just leaves the women puzzled. Strapless, stilettos on a Sat. morning?

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I notice the ladies dress glamorously on Sat. I'm thinking they might do this b/c there are more males interested at that time. I say this b/c you would think they would dress more casually on what they sell on weekends, but I notice both Kirsten and Albany dress provocatively. This just leaves the women puzzled. Strapless, stilettos on a Sat. morning?

I think what is considered provocative is in the eyes of the beholder. I occasionally tune in on Saturday morning and have never noticed any especially provocative dress. And I seriously doubt that there is a concerted effort to play to the likely low percentage of  males who might be watching.

So this woman is "puzzled" but not by the hosts' apparel.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I think what is considered provocative is in the eyes of the beholder. I occasionally tune in on Saturday morning and have never noticed any especially provocative dress. And I seriously doubt that there is a concerted effort to play to the likely low percentage of  males who might be watching.

I usually watch AM Style Sat and surf on by. Kirsten & Shawn have dressed provocatively on Sat. and other days, IMO. My description of "provocative" is above. Perhaps where you are, people look like that on a Sat. morn. 8)

Occasional Contributor

you know there may be some of you out there makng fun of  someones clothes who need to take a look at yourself. i dont care about the clothes i am looking at the item being presented. ( old saying) who wants to cast the first stone?

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I usually watch AM Style Sat and surf on by. Kirsten & Shawn have dressed provocatively on Sat. and other days, IMO. My description of "provocative" is above. Perhaps where you are, people look like that on a Sat. morn. 8)

Dress provocatively???? This is 2016 and neither Kirsten or Shawn ever look like they are dressed provocatively.

Sometimes, I read something like this and feel like I just went back to 1963 in a time capsule and I am in an episode of Hazel where a woman's dream in life was to join the Woman's Club and gossip with the ladies. LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Lol! Shawn!

[ Edited ]

Provocatively would not be the word I'd use. Inappropriate for a grown professional woman is what I would say.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed that Shawn is wearing a reddish lipstick more and more now!  I think it looks wonderful on her~!

I also don't consider what she wears provocative or not professional at all.... she's a shopping channel host not a corporate executive....  I think her choices (or QVC's choices FOR her)... are fine..... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Dress provocatively???? This is 2016 and neither Kirsten or Shawn ever look like they are dressed provocatively.

Sometimes, I read something like this and feel like I just went back to 1963 in a time capsule and I am in an episode of Hazel where a woman's dream in life was to join the Woman's Club and gossip with the ladies. LOL

I don't see anyone on HSN or Evine dressed in strapless dresses and stilettos on Sat. mornings selling garden supplies and tools. They look ridiculous and incongruous. Laughable.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

A few weeks ago I ran across Joy (Annoying) Magnano and Colleen mopping the floors in 3 inch spikes and slinky dresses..hilarious.  I'm sure those two do a lot of mopping in heels or otherwise...not. Silly but guess they $ell. 

@MoJoV  And they gave Barbara Billingsly "the business" for just wearing pearls as she vacuumed.....Woman WinkWoman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”