Esteemed Contributor

I thought the gladiators didn't go with the dress, and the dress looked weird for the show and was loose on top, and she looked rather bizarre. I think she's was going for that look. 

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I thought the gladiators didn't go with the dress, and the dress looked weird for the show and was loose on top, and she looked rather bizarre. I think she's was going for that look. 

I agree with you.  I think Shawn likes having people talk about her and it doesn't matter if it's positive or negative.  The tent dress and shoes were an odd combination.  I wondered when she was going to ride off in the Ben Hur chariot lol. 

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

What is the appropriate attire to wear in order to sell an item?

@Karnerblue  An evening gown.  I'm sure it would have sequins and be strapless as well as backless!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

What is the appropriate attire to wear in order to sell an item?

@Karnerblue  An evening gown.  I'm sure it would have sequins and be strapless as well as backless!

Something like Eva Longoria's character Gaby Solis from the TV show "Desperate Housewives"?

New Contributor

Can you please give me the item # for the gladiator sandles, that you had on a few days ago.... Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lol! Shawn!

[ Edited ]

@roebob wrote:

Can you please give me the item # for the gladiator sandles, that you had on a few days ago.... Thank you

@roebob 

I don't think Shawn was wearing QVC shoes on the gardening show, you can take a look at the video for the broom M50554 to see her gladiator sandals.

I think Shawn was wearing Stuart Weitzman gladiator sandals like these but in a darker color:

I've also seen similar gladiator sandals by Marc Fisher and Vince Camuto.

Marc Fisher Lexxi Gladiator:

Vince Camuto Jamon gladiator sandal:

Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks ago I ran across Joy (Annoying) Magnano and Colleen mopping the floors in 3 inch spikes and slinky dresses..hilarious.  I'm sure those two do a lot of mopping in heels or otherwise...not. Silly but guess they $ell. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

The show was called "The Find."  It was not meant as a "how-to-work-in-your-garden" show and was never advertised in that way at all.

Is the only time someone goes into their garden to work?  No.

The clothing was relevant to the show because the host was enjoying the garden, not working in the garden.

Actually, it was the garden edition of "The Find" and everything that was offered had to do with being outdoors in your garden...from a pair of sunglasses, a sun hat, outdoor decor, garden tools and plants so yes, looking like you are dressed for being outdoors in a garden is something that I would expect a host to do even if it's a cheesy looking indoor set with fake grass.

http://www.qvc.com/ItemsRecentlyOnAirView?showType=ItemsRecentlyOnAir&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&...

I realize that, @TY 

The point is the show was not about doing garden work, but about enjoying being outside in your yard/garden. 

Consider being at home, a friend comes over, you go outside to show off "stuff" you've been enjoying and/or using outside.  Those items could easily include things like pruning shears.  Just because someone shows a friend new pruning shears, does not mean they have to wear heavy duty gardening clothes if no pruning is going to take place.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Shawn was wearing these Marc Fisher sandals also.

This is a post from Saturday.

This week's Saturday shoefie slays me. Marc Fisher fringe gladiator sandals: http://qvc.co/GladiatorsRock Greek goddess-meets modern Cleopatra-meets "Russell Crowe in Gladiator eat your heart out!". Hashtag fierce. Getting the tan. I'm up later today starting 3pET c u then! 💋

Shawn Killinger QVC's photo.
Contributor
Why can't she wear some jeans or a nice skirt ? Everything has to be very runway couture. Go ahead. As she said She has a mortgage to pay. Gees that was strange info and info into her family finances or a jab her husband doesn't pay the mortgage for some reason?