Trusted Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER DOING TV COMMERCIAL

@KKlim wrote:
@paixmcdao.. I saw that presentation too. They seem to have knocked her off the home segments ( there have been daily new presenters doing home) and she was presenting items for Pets..

I don't watch those shows, but posters here mentiond seeing her on The Today Show last week.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Respected Contributor

She was a very polarizing host. Some enjoyed her tastes in style in decor, while others complained that she would act preachy. She often bragged of a beach home and found ways to force it into conversations. I do not miss her.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb took the words from my mouth! I always felt the same exact way about her. I certainly wasn't upset that she left , Never watch that morning show so no problems of seeing her there either. I did however see that box cutter commercial. What a difference from being a QVC host . Wonder if she regrets leaving the Q 🤔 Don't come back though 🙀
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:
@steviebtook the words from my mouth! I always felt the same exact way about her. I certainly wasn't upset that she left , Never watch that morning show so no problems of seeing her there either. I did however see that box cutter commercial. What a difference from being a QVC host . Wonder if she regrets leaving the Q 🤔 Don't come back though 🙀

@Kitty Galore  She had that all business, strait shooter schtick down pat and many shoppers fell for it, but I always said she could (and did) gild the lily (and stretch the truth) with the best of them. I had one or two purchases that were living proof of that before I caught on. I recall before Lisa left and Jill sort of took over the holiday decor shows, Lisa had posted a series of 'designer' Christmas trees and other decorations she had in her house. Jill then posted her 'family' tree, and nothing wrong with that, but the picture wasn't even flattering, the tree was crooked and as I recall she went on to comment about the desirability of a tree of homemade and collected ornaments. Lisa was never mentioned, but the post seemed rather pointed. I never liked Jill, so perhaps my recollection is tainted, but the post seemed unnecessary. Then, I recall a poster, way back when, who indicated living near the Q and recalled an occasion running into Jill at a salon, noting she was borderline rude, unfriendly and abrasive, which is the way she usually came across to me. Even when she was trying on the 'just plain folks' act, it just much never rang true. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevib as I recall she seemed jealous of Lisa Robertson when it came to home decor . I could be wrong it sure seemed it to me as well . Your Christmas tree posting makes perfect sense to me. I certainly have no problem believing her not being nice to "everyday people" shall I say . She had always come off as a snob , a know it all , bossy person to me . I feel the preachiness was the worse though.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:
@stevib as I recall she seemed jealous of Lisa Robertson when it came to home decor . I could be wrong it sure seemed it to me as well . Your Christmas tree posting makes perfect sense to me. I certainly have no problem believing her not being nice to "everyday people" shall I say . She had always come off as a snob , a know it all , bossy person to me . I feel the preachiness was the worse though.

@stevieb 

Respected Contributor

Not a fan either. I think she looked silly standing w/ the Scott brothers w/ their TSV next to the bed. She hasn’t changed her haircut or look in 25 years!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKlim wrote:
Not a fan either. I think she looked silly standing w/ the Scott brothers w/ their TSV next to the bed. She hasn’t changed her haircut or look in 25 years!

@KKlim - was she on this past weekend?  I didn't see her any of the times I checked in.  I was hoping they had parted ways.  She is such a distraction between the Scott brothers and the host - too many people with Jill there.
Respected Contributor

I saw her selling a box cutter on FB about a year or so ago.  

Respected Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

@KKlim wrote:

@KKlim - was she on this past weekend?  I didn't see her any of the times I checked in.  I was hoping they had parted ways.  She is such a distraction between the Scott brothers and the host - too many people with Jill there.

The worst hair style ever. So dreary.