Frequent Contributor

I love the food shows and generally buy something or a few "somethings" each time I watch.  But...I hate it when the hosts open packages close to their microphones and make all of the crackling noise, it is sooooo irritating.

Respected Contributor

@baglady9  try lowering the volume a bit, see if that helps. crinkling bag, beats smacking of lips. lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Shows in general

[ Edited ]

@baglady9 wrote:

I love the food shows and generally buy something or a few "somethings" each time I watch.  But...I hate it when the hosts open packages close to their microphones and make all of the crackling noise, it is sooooo irritating.

It is irritating along with their chewing in the mics or the moaning and groaning like a moment from that movie "I'll have what she's having."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They must have marketing psychologists on staff that tell them what sounds are likely to induce food puchases.  If they don't --- well, they should!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear producers tell hosts to do that because they found shoppers buy when they hear that sound.

There are two hosts I noticed who do that more than the others.   

Honored Contributor

Hate them--don't watch them and never order.

Trusted Contributor

@baglady9 I enjoy the food shows also. I don't buy food too often but I will occasionally. The sounds just don't bother me. I never just sit and watch QVC so maybe that's why. I'm always up and about doing housework or on the computer doing something else. 

Trusted Contributor

I do watch them but buy very little because some of the prices are truly laughable.  I tried the popcorn but found it slightly stale.  I have and still will purchase the bagels because they are very good but only if they are in the assortment that I prefer.  Wanted to purchase last week but were limited to 12 that I do like but came with 12 plain which I do not care for.  However they seem to be on quite often so maybe next time.  Some of the hosts I just cannot watch and others are ok by me lol.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The prices on ALL the food QVC sells are BEYOND RIDICULOUS.  An example - $60 for 3 lbs of chicken bites - $20 a pound is a MAJOR RIP-OFF.

Respected Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

The prices on ALL the food QVC sells are BEYOND RIDICULOUS.  An example - $60 for 3 lbs of chicken bites - $20 a pound is a MAJOR RIP-OFF.

I totally agree and have never ordered a food item nor do I intend to.  I guess if you don't shop and cook you may not realize you are getting ripped off.  I am sure there are many people out there who will pay to not cook or shop.  I just bought 4 chicken leg/thigh quarters for a grand total of $4.25.  Yes I had to put them into the oven and cook them but at least I know what I am eating.