Trusted Contributor

Re: JILL BAUER DOING TV COMMERCIAL

I think they discontinued her segments on the Today show. I think Jill is trying so hard to make her shop a success. It seems more like a hobby with her favorite items instead of finding items that appeal more to everyone. Her website is so amateur for someone's been in the biz this long. Like I would expect more of a creative website. Also she never presents her products on social media. Like if she has items why not discuss them of talk about them. Her items very rarely sell out. When she has a clearance end of year sale u aren't getting great deals. It's like 5 to 10 dollars off the price. I am sorry is it me or the Just Jill shop feels slapped together.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I think they discontinued her segments on the Today show. I think Jill is trying so hard to make her shop a success. It seems more like a hobby with her favorite items instead of finding items that appeal more to everyone. Her website is so amateur for someone's been in the biz this long. Like I would expect more of a creative website. Also she never presents her products on social media. Like if she has items why not discuss them of talk about them. Her items very rarely sell out. When she has a clearance end of year sale u aren't getting great deals. It's like 5 to 10 dollars off the price. I am sorry is it me or the Just Jill shop feels slapped together.

You obviously don't follow Jill or you would know she has been doing Facebook lives for quite some time where she talks all about the products she carries.. She never presents her products on social media? Get your facts straight if you are going to criticize her. Sounds like you consider yourself an authority when you just keep criticizing her website.

Frequent Contributor

I agree I always found her to be abrasive, and bossy!! Like someone else said a strict school teacher, great description of her style!! No thanks
Trusted Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

She was on the Today Show last week.

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Contributor

Lol
Occasional Contributor

Jill always knew her products when she was a host. However I found her condescending and elitist. Just my 2 cents. I was surprised when she left the Q but not disappointed.
Honored Contributor

I really value my box cutter, Jill, not so much... I use a box cutter almost every day, but prior to her leaving, which made my day, I avoided Bauer's programs on QVC... LIke others, I found her preachy, her voice quality sort of obnoxious and her demeanor borderline rude, at times. I also found her 'I'm a straight shooter', faux humble and frequent self congratulatory behaviors off-putting... Somehow, I missed this commercial but I'm not complaining... I don't follow her, her website or her stints on Today... She had her fans, I was never among them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@abbievol wrote:
Jill always knew her products when she was a host. However I found her condescending and elitist. Just my 2 cents. I was surprised when she left the Q but not disappointed.

Jill was articulate, educated and knowledgeable as a show host. She can't help that she was refined and not rough around the edges.🙄

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see Jill in the GEICO "We Have Aunts" commercial.  She'd be the aunts of course.    ["...expired, expired, expired... "}

Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao.. I saw that presentation too. They seem to have knocked her off the home segments ( there have been daily new presenters doing home) and she was presenting items for Pets..