Valued Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

I thought for sure Kerstin would have more than she did, since guys are always commenting on them. I guess her "interesting" photos aren't as provocative as she thought. 

She has a QVC instagram account with 23K followers and a personal account with 46+ followers.

Interestingly, she posted on her personal account recently about "major life changes" and instructed her followers to keep checking her personal (non-QVC) website and another one of her Instagram accounts. Of course, a few responded with concern that she is leaving the Q. 

But yes, the perverts comment about her half-naked photos regularly. It would creep me out, personally, especially since she also has pictures of her teenage girls (also in swimsuits.). These appear to be quite unsavory men, perhaps even sex criminals. Gross!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

@Suziqzee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I thought for sure Kerstin would have more than she did, since guys are always commenting on them. I guess her "interesting" photos aren't as provocative as she thought. 

She has a QVC instagram account with 23K followers and a personal account with 46+ followers.

Interestingly, she posted on her personal account recently about "major life changes" and instructed her followers to keep checking her personal (non-QVC) website and another one of her Instagram accounts. Of course, a few responded with concern that she is leaving the Q. 

But yes, the perverts comment about her half-naked photos regularly. It would creep me out, personally, especially since she also has pictures of her teenage girls (also in swimsuits.). These appear to be quite unsavory men, perhaps even sex criminals. Gross!

I'm more concerned about the perverts on this board who sexualize a woman wearing a bathing suit to the pool or beach. Fit people like to post pictures of what and who they love just like everybody else. Stop trying to police women's bodies!

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse seems like they're not as provocative as YOU thought.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Valued Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@Suziqzee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I'm more concerned about the perverts on this board who sexualize a woman wearing a bathing suit to the pool or beach. Fit people like to post pictures of what and who they love just like everybody else. Stop trying to police women's bodies!

No one is "policing" or "sexualizing" anyone's pictures, except perhaps the men on Instagram making the obscene comments. If you haven't seen it for yourself, perhaps you ought not judge another poster's observations.

Trusted Contributor

@Suziqzee wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@Suziqzee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

No one is "policing" or "sexualizing" anyone's pictures, except perhaps the men on Instagram making the obscene comments. If you haven't seen it for yourself, perhaps you ought not judge another poster's observations.

@Suziqzee I follow Kerstin on IG, so I have seen her pics. Characterizing pictures in a bathing suit as "half-naked" is definitely sexualizing something mundane. I don't go scrolling through the comments on her pics, I'm not interested in comments on anyone's posts but my own. 

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love to Run wrote:

@Suziqzee wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@Suziqzee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Suziqzee I follow Kerstin on IG, so I have seen her pics. Characterizing pictures in a bathing suit as "half-naked" is definitely sexualizing something mundane. I don't go scrolling through the comments on her pics, I'm not interested in comments on anyone's posts but my own. 

"Half naked" was conservative on my part. She's a lot more than "half" naked, but you are the one assigning a certain judgment to that expression, not me.

And perhaps if you actually took the time to read the comments, you would understand my alarm and concern, especially since Kerstin likes the comments from these characters and it encourages them to say even more provocative things.  She can do what she wants, mind you. I merely said that I wouldn't personally choose to expose my children to such men, especially not in their bathing suits.

Trusted Contributor

@Suziqzee

I agree with you 100%! Her pictures have nothing to do with fitness. They are pictures of someone who is desperately seeking attention...attention from anyone unfortunately.
Honored Contributor

It doesn't line up with her Christian message she promotes and uses to sell her journals. Her desperation for attention is pathetic. 

Regular Contributor

Perhaps Facebook isn't dead as some has said.   Just looked up Jayne Brown and she has 82K followers on it.  Carolyn Gracie has 158K followers, Pat Dementri 84K etc.

I myself am not on IG.  I agree that some hosts are more popular then others with the QVC audience and see that QVC1 has the ones who have been there for a long time while the semi-newer hosts are relagated to QVC2.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BirkiLady    Read post #19.  See if that jogs your memory. 

@Kachina624 

I burst out laughing when I read that right after your posts to @BirkiLady .  Too funny!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett