Frequent Contributor

Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

With Facebook fading and Instagram moving to the forefront of Social Media, please notice the amount of followers each host has on Instagram.  
It's no surprise that the Q elevates David Venable, Shawn,  and Jane Rudolph Treacy to "primier status". 
Of course, sales productivity matters as well.  
It's really quite obvious why we see the focus on the select few.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

For those of us who don't love Instagram, why don't you post the number of followers that you reference--so we can see what you're talking about? @kurious 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

@Goldengate8361 

instagram......

shawn has 100K plus followers

david has 179K plus followers

leah has 19.7K followers

jane has 38.1K+ followers

courtney k has 23.4K+ followers

rick has 3302 followers

mary beth has 21.5K+ followers

mary d has 40.2K+ followers

pat has 16.4K+ followers

jayne has 6360 followers

dan does not seem to have an instagram page

alberti has 16.1K+ followers

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kurious    For me, it's all good that the hosts I have known for years are onair often.

I still don't know most of the newer hosts by name -  and the one I do know I prefer not to watch.

eta.   If I ever say I follow anyone on Instagram or Facebook, I have most likely been hacked.  

Esteemed Contributor

Facebook is fading? Thanks for letting me know. I love Facebook.

Esteemed Contributor

That's interesting.   I basically agree with % show.n  Am surprised a few are much lower than expected.....but I know I've grown tired of some (people).

Honored Contributor

@kurious FB is not "fading"! I don't follow any hosts and reallly don't care if they are on FB or IG.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does that mean those customers think of hosts as "friends"? What kind of status is that? I find it very, very sad in so many ways. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Does that mean those customers think of hosts as "friends"? What kind of status is that? I find it very, very sad in so many ways. 

@BirkiLady  No, it just means they're nosy and want to see what's going on in a hosts life as the hosts post family pictures and every little hangnail they get. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  The less a host posts about their private life, the better!

Money screams; wealth whispers.