Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

[ Edited ]

Well, if Julia Cearley has an Instagram page, we know she has at least one fan, and we know who it is. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

Kids call Facebook  Grandmothersbook.  Instramgram accounts have been known to be fabricated, many set account up and never use it so numbers can be skewed. Why would I follow a salesperson?  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Does that mean those customers think of hosts as "friends"? What kind of status is that? I find it very, very sad in so many ways. 

@BirkiLady  No, it just means they're nosy and want to see what's going on in a hosts life as the hosts post family pictures and every little hangnail they get. 

I only Follow David on Facebook.  I have no interest in Instagram or Twitter or SnapChat or .....  Following someone is not the same as being their Friend.  At least David really only posts about QVC matters on his FB page.  I also Follow QVC on FB.  Usually, I just sroll on by anyways.  I don't remember why I Followed him in the first place, but there had to be some particular reason at the time. He actually responded to a comment I made when he posted about a QVC food item.  Following someone is sorta like keeping up with your favorite sports team in my opinion.  I thiink some people follow Meredith, The Blue Jean Chef, for her recipes.  I really am not interested in their personal lives.

Besides keeping up with friends, I use Facebook as a resource. I'm in several groups which can be quite helpful such as gardening, genealogy, cooking/Kitchen gadgets, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I give up. Who is it?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady    Surely anyone who reads the boards regularly sees the frequent posts and knows.  There is at least one per week.  Think. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have never had an istagram account.  Shut down facebook years agoSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

When it comes to QVC I have ZERO interest in how many followers a host has. I find the whole idea of who is the most popular or most followed in social media a big turnoff. 

Respected Contributor

Unless social media translate to actual sales then number of followers is meaningless. It's a business. It's all about sales. Sales, sales, and sales. How much money a host brings in. That's what determines their ranking and schedule.

Trusted Contributor

Everyone on here should follow the delightful Julia Cearley. She can turn a frown upside down and such a light for us in a hard year
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 

instagram......

shawn has 100K plus followers

david has 179K plus followers

leah has 19.7K followers

jane has 38.1K+ followers

courtney k has 23.4K+ followers

rick has 3302 followers

mary beth has 21.5K+ followers

mary d has 40.2K+ followers

pat has 16.4K+ followers