Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts gone...models, next??

What I find odd is how everything is just peachy at HSN.......though they did let a couple of hosts go awhile back but it was nothing like what's happening here.

Trusted Contributor

I would suspect that some models will be gone as well soon if not already.  They could likely be considered independent contractors and any layoffs would not be included in QVC numbers.  By now QVC has figured out how to work without all of these extra people around.  Some of the product reps could be next - I haven't really missed seeing them live on set for the past 4 months.  It also seems to me to be a waste of money to pay a Host an actual Host salary if they are only going to be doing Social Media during a show.  Just seems like that could be someone much lower on the Pay scale so I'm not sad or surprised to see Stacey go.

Someone asked why HSN hasn't been seeing these layoffs - My guess would be that QVC was programming on 3 channels while HSN I don't think ever moved beyond the 1.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN let 3 hosts go at once about a year ago.

That made them appropriately staffed. QVC over hired and then went to repeat programming. Not a good combination for the on-air talent.

Valued Contributor

@tractshopper wrote:

I'd love to see Shawn, Amy and Jane T leave. The evening programming with these hosts leave alot to be desired. Time to shake up the programming.

@tractshopper 

I am sure their employer has different opinion based on production reports and by the way they are like by many.

Respected Contributor

@banned again wrote:

Elise has shows scheduled Monday and Tuesday so we will know soon.

Elise posted that she will be on Shawn Saves Christmas tonight

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWifePardon my error. I included Elise's name because I'd seen it in another post, while I was trying to think of Kristine.😊 Sorry for the confusion it caused.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

I'm just glad that Elise is still around.  I love watching her.  She is so cute & fun to watch.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  I wholeheartedly agree! She really is a sweetheart!😊 It's hard seeing any of them go, as changes understandably must be made, but there are two highly favored hosts that I would truly miss, if they left by similar circumstances as the others.😔

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I think some of the models are in a much better position than the departed hosts were, as The Q relies heavily on fashion, and the consumer needs to have a visual before deciding whether or not to purchase. There is a handful of models favored by the designers that worked consistently, modeling for each channel, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future-at least I hope not.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I think you've got it, Girl!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If HSN and QVC are now connected...why have two channels? Just one channel would make more sense.