Esteemed Contributor

WOW....TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! BUYER BEWARE

Just received my QVC Birthday Mugs.  One mug was completely broken and judging from the packaging must have been broken during the packing process - also no chards in the box.

I called "Customer Service" (if that's what you want to call itWoman Mad) and the first rep told me:  first, they couldn't replace the item as it was sold out; second, she would give me a credit if I just wanted to keep the good one; and, third, QVC doesn't take back broken items!!!!!

This came about 'cause at first I was willing to pay half my total cost and be credited for the other half since I only had one mug.  However, she said it would be only half the item cost would be credted and I'd pick up the total tax, shipping and handling which covered both mugs.  The total cost was only $20.52:  however, it was the principle of the thing.  I was willing to just split the total cost in half since I received half of my purchase in good condition, the other half unusable!  She insisted that was QVC's rules.

I said I shall return the mugs and take a full credit.  She reiterated that QVC does not accept broken items.  I said they must accept damaged items.  If not, my AG's office wilL receive a complaint against QVC as they cannot expect customers to pay for damagd goods.

Since this was going nowhere, I asked to speak with a supervisor.  I was told I'd get a callback in four hours!!!!!!  I then called back and requested to speak with a supervisor and again, was told it would be a four-hour callback timeframe.

Aside from the extremely bad PR - 'cause I will pass this poor customer service along to my friends, QVC lost a customer over a twenty-dollar purchase!  And, most of us spend a lot more than a twenty-dollar bill at the Q!Woman Frustrated

I'm venting....it helps my frustration.  I cannot contact the mods as my email isn't working (I can receive but cannot read, nor send - duh!)

Anyways thanks for letting me vent.  I shall box both mugs up and return them, requesting a credit also for my time, tape, packing.  It's a little thing, but I am #issedWoman Mad!

Super Contributor

Re: WOW....TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! BUYER BEWARE

Sorry for all you went through. Not right at all. I hardly ever buy anymore. Their prices are unreasonable for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Disappointing. The Q should've given you full credit and not made you pay for or return the whole product if part of it (the broken mug) was not returnable.

Half? Sheesh! Frank Woolworth would be livid...........

Respected Contributor

The CS rep should've told you not to return the broken mug, any broken item that can cut workers in the Return Dept should be thrown away. I've gotten a refund on damaged sets, not half but the amount I was offered was acceptable to me. Try calling or emailing CS again, I think the matter can be resolved...Good Luck.

Respected Contributor

What's convenient and makes sense to us is not necessarily the Q rules.

Sorry, companies must have rules, if they bend the rules for you, they'll have to bend them for everyone and why have rules.

I'm not saying "it's right" but I owned a business and needed to enforce my rules.  "It" gets out if you start bending rules then you won't have any rules.

Too many times we want things to go "our way", makes sense but unfortunately it doesn't make sense.  Sure I would be mad but the key is "am I smarter than I was before this transaction, you darn right, I am smarter and I won't make that mistake again".

I guess if we don't like the rules,of any company, we need to shop where we can accept their rules.  You can't imagine how many times I've had "things" happen and CS said "I can't do that".  I just move on, lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe they even charge anything for their birthday mugs. I thought it was a free promotion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme - I don't know why your email isn't working, but you could post this complaint under the "Customer Care" forum.  The mods regularly monitor those.

Explain what you have here (or just ask them to read this, so you don't have to type it all out again).  Don't give any personal info (like the order number), but you can give the item number and they have all the information they need to do the rest.

They should be able to phone you about this.

I understand QVC not wanting broken items back, but you should be able to send back the remaining one for a full refund or get a partial refund that you feel is fair.

(And if you received it broken and it didn't harm you, I don't understand why it couldn't be sent back in exactly the same packaging, but that's JMO.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

What's convenient and makes sense to us is not necessarily the Q rules.

Sorry, companies must have rules, if they bend the rules for you, they'll have to bend them for everyone and why have rules.

I'm not saying "it's right" but I owned a business and needed to enforce my rules.  "It" gets out if you start bending rules then you won't have any rules.

Too many times we want things to go "our way", makes sense but unfortunately it doesn't make sense.  Sure I would be mad but the key is "am I smarter than I was before this transaction, you darn right, I am smarter and I won't make that mistake again".

I guess if we don't like the rules,of any company, we need to shop where we can accept their rules.  You can't imagine how many times I've had "things" happen and CS said "I can't do that".  I just move on, lesson learned.

It's against the law to charge for damaged goods - at least in my state.

Thanks for your reply and expressing your point of view.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @Venezia , I'll try that!

This laptop is failing.I 've been told they do strange things when failing.  Anyways got a chrome but gotta set it up - been procrastinatingWoman Embarassed!

QVC Customer Care

@eddyandme 

I am so sorry for the poor customer service you received. There is no need to return anything but please dispose of the broken pieces carefully. I will refund you in total for the order.

Beth QVC