Frequent Contributor
With the recent loss of several hosts, is it possible that some models may not continue with the Q? Since there is only one live channel now, they probably don’t need as many models.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts gone...models, next??

[ Edited ]

@ncmom   Obviously they won't need as many models or production people behind the scenes.

I'm wondering if the moderators are gone.  Haven't seen or heard from them all day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Models that appear on QVC are signed to independent modeling agencies, such as the one owned by former QVC model Joy Pinozzotto. QVC will likely be scheduling fewer hours with said agency's models.

Honored Contributor

Since COVID-19 we've already seen about 1/3 the number of models on air.  Now with only one channel that number will decrease again.

Remember, the models are not QVC employees.  They work for their respective modeling agency and are contracted out for shows.  The less shows QVC has, the less calls for models.  

Honored Contributor

@ncmom 

HECK I'm seeing QVC completely gone by the end of the year!!!

Liquidators will have a field day with all the UNSOLD items and stuff lost that we paid for from HORRIBLE SHIPPING SERVICES!!

OR returns NOT processed!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  .....  They "poofed" a thread earlier this afternoon. Thank goodness.

Contributor

If Amy or Leah leaves, I am done.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think some of the models are in a much better position than the departed hosts were, as The Q relies heavily on fashion, and the consumer needs to have a visual before deciding whether or not to purchase. There is a handful of models favored by the designers that worked consistently, modeling for each channel, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future-at least I hope not.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Well @SandySparkles They won't be modeling on Q2, that's for sure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I am not saying being a model is easy or anything but it might be cheaper for QVC to use their own employees. It isn't like they have to walk down a runway with cameras flashing. Most of the time they just stand and turn around once in a while.