Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts gone...models, next??

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SandySparkles   Thank you, Sandy.  Do you know if QVC 2 & 3 are being shut down or this is a layoff due to our current working environment crisis?  It really is important for people to realize the importance of masks and distancing because it is hurting businesses if you don't participate in wearing a mask and being 6 ft. away from the next person.  I believe that older adults have no problem with it.  I would think it is more the younger people that want to party.

@Katcat1 You're so welcome.😁 As of now, the main channel will be the sole channel airing live programming. The others will  be repeats.

I'm sure the current state of their fiscal health related to the challenging economic outlook our country is facing, factored heavily into their decision. I understand from a business standpoint changes had to be made, but it's still a very tough pill to swallow.😐

Sometimes it feels like a bad dream, and then you wake up to masks, hand sanitizers, social- distancing, contactless delivery, sheltering in place, etc. I am so looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@kimber07 wrote:

Antoinella, Stacey Stoffer.  They are laying off 1124 employees.

Wow - well those two I will certainly not miss. I know Antonella had a huge following, but I could not watch her at all.  As far as Stacey goes, could not stand her mni mouse voice.  What I am very surprised to have read here is that Gabrielle and Elise are also gone.  They were two of my favorites, a pleasure to watch, calm. professional, poised, etc.  I will miss them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@1950DeDee wrote:

If Amy or Leah leaves, I am done.

@1950DeDee  .... I wouldn’t care if Amy leaves ... I would walk her to the door! 

Respected Contributor

Elise has shows scheduled Monday and Tuesday so we will know soon.

Respected Contributor

@kimber07 wrote:

Where did you see the number as 1124 ? On facebook I am reading 450 plus 4 hosts. Feel awful for Antonella.

Super Contributor

Which several hosts ?  

@ncmom wrote:
With the recent loss of several hosts, is it possible that some models may not continue with the Q? Since there is only one live channel now, they probably don’t need as many models.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ncmom   I guess I am behind the times.  What hosts left?  I only know of Gabrielle.  Is QVC closing down QVC 2 & 3?  Thanks.

@Katcat1 
Gabrielle, Elise and Stacy are among those that are no longer with The Q as of today. I imagine it was probably a tough business decision, but is disheartening nonetheless😞. This is such a stressful time for anyone to be without employment, and my prayers of hope are with them and their families.🙏❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Elise is gone?  Bummer, I really liked her.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@kimber07 wrote:

Antonella was laid off?  Wow!  I've watched her for years.  That's a shame.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

But yet SK is still there. SMH
Contributor

I'd love to see Shawn, Amy and Jane T leave. The evening programming with these hosts leave alot to be desired. Time to shake up the programming.