Regular Contributor

Re: Hosts gone...models, next??

I believe that the older more seasoned hosts will remain at least for awhile 

because they probably have a contract to protect them, at least for now until

their contracts expire.  They make a lot of money so it would cost QVC a lot to buy 

them out.

The newer, younger ones were probably so excited they got the job that they

never thought of having one.

Trusted Contributor

Has there been anything in the local news about all these QVC layoffs?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@1950DeDee wrote:

If Amy or Leah leaves, I am done.

@1950DeDee  .... I wouldn’t care if Amy leaves ... I would walk her to the door! 

Another candidate for "unkind to host"

I can't imagine wishing someone would loose their job!!

I just don't understand how people feel they have the right to express such uncalled for opinions on here.  Thankfully tons of others like this have been removed by the hardworking mods.

Frequent Contributor

Courtney Cason left a few weeks ago to be home with her new son. A few days ago, it was announced (through their FB pages) that Gabrielle, Antonella, Stacey, and Kristine Zell were no longer going to be there. Recently, QVC 2 was changed to only be re-run shows (just like QVC 3). Why buy 3 channels if they are only showing real shows on one channel? 

Frequent Contributor

When she dyed her hair blonde, she said it was because she was tired of having to dye it so much with her hair being dark.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I am not saying being a model is easy or anything but it might be cheaper for QVC to use their own employees. It isn't like they have to walk down a runway with cameras flashing. Most of the time they just stand and turn around once in a while.

wow! I'd like to see what the models have to sat about that! My impression is that they work pretty hard.

Esteemed Contributor

Well they let Antonella and Gabrielle go and kept some of the newer incompetent (IMO) hosts.

I don't watch hosts and shows that I don't enjoy.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe the word "several" was inaccurate. I was referring to Courtney C a few weeks ago (her choice to stay home with her new baby, I think) and more recently Antonella, Gabrielle, Kristine, and Stacy. 

Respected Contributor

It was so sad to see Antonella's photo removed from "Meet the Hosts" today. I remember the day her first photograph went up, along with Sheila Johnson's, the day they graduated from the host trainee program to become permanent hosts. It was mid-November 2004.

Esteemed Contributor

A few hosts are still in need of a picture update. This isn't 1999.