Respected Contributor

Just want to put in a good word for Chelsea who is one of the new hosts mostly on QVC2.  She and Rachel are two new favorites.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

There are so many hosts on staff, but it seems the same ones are always on.  I'd like to see other hosts rotate into the evening/weekend slots.  

Also, I don't understand why they've decided to make Mally a host.  

Hosts that are on repeatedly in prime time are because they sell and bring good ratings.

I worked in TV for years. 

Ratings are gold. QVC follows them closely as do all networks.

Thanks for sharing your insights.  With a background in TV, you certainly have the inside scoop. How cool is that?  😎

I think some items can sell themselves regardless of the host while other items are going to sell simply because they've been placed in a timeslot when many people tune in.  I'd just like for QVC to experiment with the line-up, and perhaps, not schedule so many hosting duos/buddies.  Sometimes I think they have too many people on the screen at the same time.

The duos hosting is a clear marketing strategy. They want a more conversational atmosphere. Many complain about it but it's not going anywhere.

Trusted Contributor
Host-wise, they have just about everything. The ones I like the most are probably considered boring and old-fashioned to some viewers. While the ones I find intolerable are probably considered fun and entertaining to many viewers. Something for everyone.
Honored Contributor

Best thing ever happened in TV watching was

close caption. Turn off the silliness in talking and pray they get around to the actual product facts.

nothing I can do about the dancing and prancing though. LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Host thoughts

[ Edited ]

I do not have a TV, if I did it would not be on all day for background purposes.  I stream radio, etc. programs on my Echo speakers for listening during the day.  I stream video programs on a computer.  I will check QVC program guide for programs I want to see "and" check host.  There are hosts I refuse to watch, will check "Items Previously Featured" if show content is something that interests, then purchase online.  I will not waste my time on unwatchable/undesireable hosts, of which there are more than enough. QVC's upper crust's idea of what is desireable in hosting is not necessarilly appealing to all.  I do not want entertainment,  want a thorough presentation of items.  Over the years watching QVC since CVN days, the hosts "were" professional but that quality has diminished. I also understand marketing is marketing. For me, the quality of the host reflects the quality of the company.

Frequent Contributor
I have to agree with this post!! I’m resting and watching tv while nursing a cold today. I turned on Q2 (no food shows for me) and am really enjoying thy e Denim and Co show with Rachel Ellis as host. She is doing a wonderful job and is pleasant to watch and listen to. At the beginning, she stated that it’s her first Denim and Co show; keep up the good work, Rachel. (I also enjoy Stacey R, but can’t handle her paired with Leah. Leah is just too silly lately.)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ncmom wrote:
I have to agree with this post!! I’m resting and watching tv while nursing a cold today. I turned on Q2 (no food shows for me) and am really enjoying thy e Denim and Co show with Rachel Ellis as host. She is doing a wonderful job and is pleasant to watch and listen to. At the beginning, she stated that it’s her first Denim and Co show; keep up the good work, Rachel. (I also enjoy Stacey R, but can’t handle her paired with Leah. Leah is just too silly lately.)

@ncmom  - I watched a little of Rachel Ellis today and she is quite pleasant and informative.  Those that don't like fancy painted nails will appreciate her short clear-coated nails.

Valued Contributor

SharkE said: "

can't watch a couple who act like their teenagers and are 

more like 50. i wonder if maybe they hang out with high school kids too much.

In todays world I would be scared to share to much with the public. Showing my recently gifted engagement ring, etc.   I'm not really interested in their private life.

QVC is a TV show."

I agree with you 100%! And the engagement ring girl, bingo! It's all over IG, I think that's enough. QVC is not for that purpose, or is it?

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

PansyBoo...you only mentioned the topics of the host that annoys you talks about. She's NOT the ONLY one who does that. That's really not fair, if you're going to talk about her, then you should also talk about some of the others who do that too.

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

The only unwatchable host is JT. All the others do a fine job. None ' bother' me at all.

I'll never undersand constant criticism and knit picking of hosts.

Again, picking on the host you don't like. And NO, not all of the others do a fine job. Some are annoying as all get out.