Respected Contributor

Re: Host thoughts

[ Edited ]

@1tuffcookie wrote:

There are so many hosts on staff, but it seems the same ones are always on.  I'd like to see other hosts rotate into the evening/weekend slots.  

Also, I don't understand why they've decided to make Mally a host.  

Hosts that are on repeatedly in prime time are because they sell and bring good ratings.

I worked in TV for years. 

Ratings are gold. QVC follows them closely as do all networks.

Super Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

There are so many hosts on staff, but it seems the same ones are always on.  I'd like to see other hosts rotate into the evening/weekend slots.  

Hosts that are on repeatedly in prime time are because they sell and bring good ratings.

I worked in TV for years. 

Ratings are gold. QVC follows them closely as do all networks.

Thanks for sharing your insights.  With a background in TV, you certainly have the inside scoop. How cool is that?  😎

I think some items can sell themselves regardless of the host while other items are going to sell simply because they've been placed in a timeslot when many people tune in.  I'd just like for QVC to experiment with the line-up, and perhaps, not schedule so many hosting duos/buddies.  Sometimes I think they have too many people on the screen at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@1tuffcookie.  Mally is a bargain at any price.  She does enough talking and emoting for two or three "normal" hosts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kaydee50.  Both.  I only watch when products I'm interested in are being sold, however if the host is on my personal unwatchable list, I will not watch.  I'll just check 'products recently aired'.

Mute works for me @Kachina624 .  

Honored Contributor

I can't watch a couple who act like their teenagers and are 

more like 50. i wonder if maybe they hang out with high school kids too much.

In todays world I would be scared to share to much with the public. Showing my recently gifted engagement ring, etc.   I'm not really interested in their private life.

QVC is a TV show.

Esteemed Contributor

There is an art to sharing personal tidbits to relate to a customer. The constant bragging some host do is unattractive. I am not going to watch a QVC show if I am annoyed. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

So we don't watch for what's being sold but according to who the host is???

Yes, I watch to see what's being sold. But in the last few years it seems they're talking more and more about things I'm not interested in purchasing. I'm not tuning in to buy dancing daughters, trips to Disney, pet rabbits, fantastical cardinal tales, song and dance routines, etc. Many times it seems half of any given presentation is spent on these totally irrelevant topics and the other half is taken up telling me over and over that this is the only order of the year, when they're gone they're gone, and these are flying out the door! Woman Frustrated      

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

The only unwatchable host is JT. All the others do a fine job. None ' bother' me at all.

I'll never undersand constant criticism and knit picking of hosts.

@ellaphant   I agree!  I refuse to watch  or buy anything from any of her shows.  The rest of the Hosts Ican tolerate. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 I guess I would have to say I am in that category, I don't always watch for the item.

For years I have had QVC on in the background. I never sit and watch but enjoy the chatter as I go about the house doing chores and odds and ends.

I never check the program guide any more. 

So, ya, it's actually the host that first captures my attention. If it is one of the few I just can't tolerate, I change the channel, no matter what product is being presented. Unless it's mattresses and electronics, even with my favorite hosts, I don't watch.

Whenever I am serious about ordering something, I always go online and check reviews and all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

So we don't watch for what's being sold but according to who the host is???

I definitly won't watch when a certain Host is on and I won't buy anything from her shows.  They get credit for their sales also I refuse to give her any. sales.