Esteemed Contributor

Re: Distraction by hosts

[ Edited ]

QVC wants/expects viewers to order the products shown on TV.   If viewers don't watch the shows - because of hosts or products or vendors - fewer sales are  being made.          

If I don't like hosts' presentations - there are three - I won't watch their shows, regardless of the product.  So I do think that critiques of hosts are and should be important to the Q's management.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

QVC wants/expects viewers to order the products shown on TV.   If viewers don't watch the shows - because of hosts or products or vendors - fewer sales are not being made.          

If I don't like hosts' presentations - there are three - I won't watch their shows, regardless of the product.  So I do think that critiques of hosts are and should be important to the Q's management.

That is very true, but perhaps the three hosts you do not watch are the very same three that someone else loves to watch.

different hosts for different folks.

Trusted Contributor

I admit I'm easily distracted by one in particular, so I try not to watch her but sometimes it gets the better of me and then I just like to complain about it!  The whole package is baffling to me, the hair, the nails, clothing choices and personality are just not my cup of tea.

Respected Contributor

Re: Distraction by hosts

[ Edited ]

I have to admit i am distracted by the hosts at times. For instance, on one of the beauty shows a few days ago the host had on a strapless black dress with an elasticized top worn pretty low.  As she gestured with her hands and moved on the platform i was fixated on whether the top was going to pop or fall down.  LOL. i have no idea what she was selling.  All i could see was imminent wardrobe malfunction on live tv!  Didnt happen, but that outfit was a distraction.  😬

Valued Contributor

usually am not distracted by tthings like nail polish, but Renee's talons today look horrible, as do Antonella's most days. You'd think they would be up on style trends, and those long gelled nails are so yesterday.

Honored Contributor

The dress was way too young for her and it wasn't even a pretty dress.

@Shawnie wrote:

I have to admit i am distracted by the hosts at times. For instance, on one of the beauty shows a few days ago the host had on a strapless black dress with an elasticized top worn pretty low.  As she gestured with her hands and moved on the platform i was fixated on whether the top was going to pop or fall down.  LOL. i have no idea what she was selling.  All i could see was imminent wardrobe malfunction on live tv!  Didnt happen, but that outfit was a distraction.  😬

Honored Contributor

Why?   Because we can.

We are here to post information as well as our opinions.

I rarely "complain" but I do state the obvious.

I state what I like and don't like, call it a complaint, or whatever.

It's what we do

@Carmie wrote:

@software wrote:

I understand your frustration with the complaining but QVC is television--- so sights & sounds are relevant.   

A catalog, not so much.

That's how I look at it

If you are going to be on TV, then there are some higher standards.

In my mind anyway

@Carmie

But why complain?...No one is listening or changing anything, what bothers one person is what another person likes.  Everyone's definition of what is a higher standard is different too. It's just getting old and boring and mostly at just ignore the posters.  I suppose they like to have a place to vent with like minded people.

Funny, I have never noticed a male poster complaining about the hosts. 

Contributor

I agree. There are a few that either never stop talking or wear ridiculous outfits (Shawn). I can't even see the products

Occasional Contributor

Shawn does wear some inappropriate outfits.  She comes off very high and mighty.  She is always bragging, maybe because her life is really empty , and bragging about all of her material items, helps to make her think she is better than the restof us!!!!

Jane tracy is the best!  Fashionable, down to earth.  Just Love her!!!!  Used to admire Shawn!  Now its Jane!

Esteemed Contributor

Some of them act so silly, I don't know how anyone even knows what the product IS.

One day on a whim, I turned on QVC & was treated to the spectacle of "Jane's Jam," is this something new?

They looked like a bunch of fools..........