New Contributor

QUALITY OF ROBERTA'S GARDENS PLANTS---

I RECEIVED MY REPLACEMENT ORDER OF COLEUS FROM ROBERTA'S GARDEN TODAY--I IMMEDIATELY OPENED AND FOUND SOME LEAVES HAD DROPPED BUT I WENT AHEAD AND PUT THE ''SLIPS''  INTO POTS--USING A LIGHT QUICK DRAINING MIX.  TO MY SURPRISE--ONLY TWO OF THE LITTLE PLANTS IN POTS--HAD ANY  ROOTS  SHOWING.  THE REST LOOK LIKE LITTLE SIDE BRANCHES HAD BE CLIPPED AND PUT INTO THE LITTLE POTS. CAN'T FOOL ME--I AM AN OLD GARDENER--THOSE PLANTS SHOULD HAVE ROOTS--AND THEY DON'T--I WILL BABY THEM ALONG AND HOPE THEY SURVIVE--I SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THESE PLANTS.  I HOPE ROBERTA'S WILL READ THIS AND CHANGE THEIR PLAN ABOUT SENDING STEMS WITHOUT ROOTS. BAD DEAL--FOR ALL WHO ORDERED THESE COLEUS. P.S.  THEY WILL NOT DO WELL IN FULL SUN--NOR HOT WEATHER--SO BEWARE-----      PURPLE

Respected Contributor

Re: QUALITY OF ROBERTA'S GARDENS PLANTS---

I've never had any luck with any of the plants sold on the Q.  Once Cottage Farms shipped the plants when it was still cold out.  Most plants are so teeny tiny there is no chance they will survive first winter. 

Valued Contributor

I have ordered Roberta's plants in the past,  None of the plants survived. Some arrived in good condition, some in questionable condition.  Despite following the instructions to the letter, I had no luck. I won't buy Roberta's any more.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

Same here - plants in the past - from both vendors - have been so small and water lacking, looked like they were started 2 weeks before shipment.  Plants received from Gurney - Burpe and others are received 6 to 8 inches tall.  Cottage's strawberries were a bust last year - I'm going to try one shipment of patio veggie garden from Roberta this year - cross my heart and hope to die - if no good again - The End...Amen

Esteemed Contributor

I buy locally. Local soil---- local conditions.  I usually am very happy with what I buy here in town.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I've never had any luck with any of the plants sold on the Q.  Once Cottage Farms shipped the plants when it was still cold out.  Most plants are so teeny tiny there is no chance they will survive first winter. 

@hoosieroriginal  The best thing to do when you get tiny plants is to grow them in a pot until they're big enough to fend for themselves.  That's what I did with a pathetic butterfly bush I got from CF several years ago.  About August I finally planted it in the ground in a cage.  Now it's 8' high and the bottom branches are thicker than my wrists.  It broadcast some seeds so I now have another about 12' from the first. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the lavender plants 2 years ago and filled them in with plants I got from Home Depot last year. The Home Depot plants are twice the size of the ones I got at QVC.

I had ordered the TSV lilies and cancelled them. I am only buying locally now..

Respected Contributor

Totally agree. Roberta's plants are very poor quality. BTDT! Won't purchase anything from Roberta's ever again. Waste of my money and time.

Respected Contributor

HORRIBLE!  Don't waste your time or money.

Esteemed Contributor

If you buy plants locally such as Walmart or Home depot or Lowes.  If you keep receipt and anything dies, dig it up and they will refund your money.