Honored Contributor

My preference is for neutral nails.  I even get distracted by French manicures, but that's just me.

Honored Contributor

@narcisse

I guess it's hard for you to understand what it's like for a host to have to repeat themselves over and over again every day. Can you imagine how hard it would be to have to talk about the same things over and over again every day and come up with something new and original?  Personally, I could not do it.

Your posts here today are to get people riled up.  It's all too obvious. You know and I know how easy it easy to solve the problem of someone "grating" on your nerves.  With the videos and fast forward.....it's a piece of cake!  How much easier can it get! 

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

My preference is for neutral nails.  I even get distracted by French manicures, but that's just me.

@AuntG

I agree. The French manicures are so outdated as well.

Regular Contributor

Distracted by MB?

If you get distracted by Mary Beth Roe, who has been on for 30 years, is beloved and very genuine, would not want to be driving in a car with you. Sorry, but you are way off base on this and most of the posters are about insignificant things. Many things I can see your points, this one not at all. Sorry.

Honored Contributor

I dislike when hosts start chatting or joking around with crew outside camera range, usually about some "inside" joke or something the viewer isn't aware of.  It never has anything to do with the product and it's just an annoying distraction.

I also dislike when a host whispers for some reason.   Huh? This is TV and I can't hear you - don't whisper.

I can't even believe I'm posting this because I rarely watch QVC on air any more except for the the shows with the one particular brand I like.

Honored Contributor

There are only 2 things that distract me enough to flip the channel.    One is a 40-something acting, dressing & talking like a 20-something and the constant interrupting of the vendor to tell us how many sold or to repeat the color choices AGAIN.

Then I'm gone, and I don't buy.   

@hyacinth003

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

There are only 2 things that distract me enough to flip the channel.    One is a 40-something acting, dressing & talking like a 20-something and the constant interrupting of the vendor to tell us how many sold or to repeat the color choices AGAIN.

Then I'm gone, and I don't buy.   

@hyacinth003

@software  This is a part of the host's job and she / he is supposed to do it. The producer is giving the host the information in her/his ear and telling the host to tell the viewer.  So good luck with that ever changing.

Honored Contributor

I know what it is and why they do it, I don't care if they change it or not.

That's why I change the channel

@Pearlee

Respected Contributor

I am definitelyl not a fan of wild colors in nail polish.  I could not possibly care less what the hosts do on their own time, but odd colors - especially the bright jewel colors - are distracting to me when watching jewelry shows. They clash with or distract from the jewelry itself. I also admit that when a host is showing clothing, close ups of their hands with green, purple, black nails are a distraction. 

I will say that Nancy's nails when presenting jewelry are usually near, soft and perfect for the job.  On the other hand, Antonella's "claws" are a total distraction.

Respected Contributor

QVC has 24 hour programming to fill and they make profits I would think or they would not still be around. They have to appeal to many people. I do not think it would work if the hosts just came out with a sheet on , face showing through a hole, and speaking in a constant monotone ! Who would watch?

There is a variety to try to appeal to many viewers. If someone or group gets on my nerves when trying to seriously shop I just go to the computer and mute the presentation video ( if it is presented by the one annoying me) . I find before I purchase carefully reading  the info helps the most anyway. The description written out is the most trustworthy anyway as far as going back to cs and saying "this is what was claimed about the product."

What distracts one viewer sometimes sells another.