Respected Contributor

Re: DUPLICATE CHARGES & REFUNDS?

I just went to the 'Customer Care' forum and was shocked to see how many people were complaining of being double charged for purchases.  This is 'not acceptable' !  At least not to me ! What a bad reputation it gives QVC !!!  What about the people that don't 'catch' the double charges?  QVC is cleaning up !  Yes, I am upset about this.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago, I was double charged for an item I had purchased at a local craft show.   I suspect that had I not found the error myself, I would not have gotten a credit.  No way to prove that, of course, but that experience sticks in my mind and makes me check my charges frequently and carefully.

So far, so good with my current QVC charges, but I have them on my radar now.

Esteemed Contributor

It is best to have two credit cards, one for things that matter like insurance premiums and one for shady places like gas stations or online.

Then it is simple to cancel and close the one that is comprised.

Might want to close the one used for QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

It is best to have two credit cards, one for things that matter like insurance premiums and one for shady places like gas stations or online.

Then it is simple to cancel and close the one that is comprised.

Might want to close the one used for QVC.

@Still Raining   My purchases are few and far between, but just knowing there are problems with double charges makes it a pain in the bu-t to keep checking. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@BostonMommy wrote:

I don't have a Q card. So this involve's any type of charge card

@BostonMommy   I don't have a Q card either. 

mine was on my Discover card

Respected Contributor

@BostonMommy Are the double charges affecting the QVC credit cards or all credit cards

Super Contributor

I don't have a QVC credit card. It's affecting other credit cards

Honored Contributor

I'm glad I keep my charges separate on a QVC card.

Respected Contributor

I got the same email...have to check for problem charges!  And I DO NOT have a Q-card!

Valued Contributor

the issue isn't the "software" per say, it's the unskilled people that cio's hire and allow to modify the software. many programmers these days don't have a clue how to test the changes BEFORE the changes go into production. take a minute to think about the issues we encounter, just using/navigating the web site. the only good thing about the web site issues is that they aren't billed to our credit cards.

this is no excuse, but many IT departments these days, have trouble finding skilled people (probably because the truly skilled, can write their own pay check, if you know what i mean), especially outside of whatever markets/locations are hot at the current moment.

any software applications dealing with money, should have very senior and experienced people test and check what the less experienced programmers do. but these days, many senior IT people think that they are too cute to do what is known as grunt work. they only want to work on whatever is "cool" this week.

but these days, many cio's don't have much of a clue themselves, so they don't know what should be done. they just go along with whatever their staff tells them. sad, but true.

over the last 2 years or so, i can't tell you how many ceo's and cio's that i've read about that just quit. i'm sure it was in the hundreds, if not in the thousands. many leave because they just can't cut it. others quit because they knew, the you know what was going to hit the fan.

it takes a special type of person to stay in the hot seat, so the speak. i've been there and honestly, being a good cio is a 24-hour job. personally, i think a lot of the IT problems like this billing one, stems from extremely over blown ego's and from middle level managers not having the back bone to tell their team, when they are messing up and not following protocol.

as an IT insider, my advice is that you need to check the charges on your credit cards, not just from here, but from every where, every month.