Respected Contributor

I must have been REALLY naughty in 2019

Decided to take advantage of the $50 QVC card credit offer some time before Christmas. Required a purchase by 12/31/19. A few days before the deadline the card had not yet arrived. Called Synchrony Bank. Concerned about theft, they chose to cancel the card. I agreed. Asked would it affect the $50 credit. They didn't know; must call QVC.

Called QVC. Wonderful Customer Service rep put me on hold 15 minutes so she could read through every word of small print connected to that offer. Decision: $50 offer could not be transferred to the replacement card. She suggested call Synchrony again and beg for original card to be "uncancelled." They couldn't do that.

The original card arrived the next day. Even if I cancelled the replacement card, I was now ineligible for a QVC credit offer because I was no longer a "new" cardholder.

Good grief. What a waste of my time and a foul play during the holiday season.

Honored Contributor

Re: I must have been REALLY naughty in 2019

@PickyPicky3.  Send an email to the mods at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com. and see if they can help you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

That’s not right...  it seems like it’s alway “something” with not getting ‘as advertised’ credit to account via opening QVC credit card. I hadn’t even seen nor heard of $50 one you mentioned but that’s a lot for me and it’s not right if you don’t get it!

Respected Contributor

It's tricky trying to take advantage of that offer.  I signed up when it was $40.  Placed a qualifying order but since it was on extended delivery, I couldn't get the credit right away.  When the order finally arrived, it was defective and I received a refund.  Which disqualified the sign-up credit.  So I am penalized for THEIR poor product!  It really grates every time I use the card and pay the bill. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I had a Q card there were no benefits at all.  I just quit using it many years ago.  The way they handle the benefit of having a card now is awful.  Very few seem to get the "cash " they continually promise.   I have credit cards with benefits I can use and I am sorry I had used my Q card for so long.

Trusted Contributor

Even if you received a new card number it is technically the same account.  If the card had actually been stolen what would their response have been.  You should still be eligible for the $50 statement credit.  I would pursue it further.  If not cancel altogether.

The suggestion to "re-open" a card is rididuculus with the anti fraud rules in place there is no way any company would do that.

Honored Contributor

Have never/would never get a "Q" card.  What's the incentive???  I get cash back on my MC and Visa cards.  No strings attached.

Trusted Contributor

I personally will not ever get a QVC credit card  because they are sponsored by Synchrony Bank.  I have dealt with them twice before with 2 separate companies and they are a NIGHTMARE to deal with.  I paid my payments always on time, way before the due date but somehow they just never got posted.  I will never have a credit card that deals with that bank again.    User beware! 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3  I was able to use my QVC charge account as soon as I was approved so you should have been able to use the account without the card.  That would have avoided this issue.

Occasional Visitor

[ Edited ]

Something similar happened to me. I applied for QVC card on day promotion was for $50 and they only put $40 credit on account not $50 as promised. I chatted and explained the day I opened account was for $50 credit. They said they would investigate and it would take 5 days, It has been 7 days and still nothing from QVC. Thank you for posting this as I was beginning to think I imagined the whole thing about the amount of credit being $50! I am going to cancel credit card since I really don't need a stinking QVC card  when I am not being told the truth. At least you confirmed for me the $50 credit was accurate. Thank you