Respected Contributor

JT was selling bathing suits, she didn't wear one randomly &

Rick wore shorts for the Summer show....good grief it's a shopping channel, deal with it. The thin & bigger women comments are rude so I'll pass on that.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

In my younger days, women who dressed like that were called floozies, advertising to men, loose, one night stands. Most of The so called "floozies" that I have been aware of actually dress quite conservatively to hide that side of themselves and to appear respectable Why, because that's what they were doing.  There was a "proper" dress code for "good girls" who didn't do that.

Today, women dress like this for themselves, but my question is why do they want to?  Why? - because they are more comfortable in the clothing they like~!!!

The way I see it, if they don't have a nice backside, why are they flaunting jeans that fit like a girdle 2-3 sizes too small? Again it's not flaunting but dressing for themselves and comfort!!

Backsides start sagging fairly early in life without a lot of exercise.  I see them in their 20's.  Not a pretty sight.  Who is anyone to judge!!

Then, most men don't wear their pants that tight displaying everything they own below the waist.

QVC says it is OK for women to dress like that because they are dressing women like that.  It's demeaning and unflattering to women.  It's another one of their policies I find disturbing. 

What's demeaning and disturbing is anyone feeling they have to be uncomfortable and dress in clothing they do not like or are comfortable in just to present a certain antiquated satandard!!

Respected Contributor

I remember when people on air wore dresses and pant suits. Boy have times changed. I've noticed hosts wearing shorts lately, everyone seems relaxed and happy. Let the good times roll Woman Happy

Super Contributor

I will not agree or disagree with anyone and their personal feelings about clothing styles.  I will however, point out that individuals that criticize or complain about how others dress seems petty.

There were the Victorian days, roaring 20's, June Cleaver, and Woodstock days.  Each generation expressing themselves.  We all had "our days in the sun."  Let them have theirs.  They are young and beautiful now.  That's what their peers wear.  They would be laughed and made fun of if they had to dress like we used to.

LET IT GO!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

A bit off topic but does anyone watch tennis?  The outfits on the women are becoming more ridiculous with each tournament.  The men's shorts are almost down to their knees but the women's skirts barely cover their a-s.  I wonder if they're encouraged to wear such skimpy outfits.

@kaydee50 

Sex sells.  Men like to look at it, but not necessarily want their wives to wear anything that short.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

In my younger days, women who dressed like that were called floozies, advertising to men, loose, one night stands. Most of The so called "floozies" that I have been aware of actually dress quite conservatively to hide that side of themselves and to appear respectable Why, because that's what they were doing.  There was a "proper" dress code for "good girls" who didn't do that.

Today, women dress like this for themselves, but my question is why do they want to?  Why? - because they are more comfortable in the clothing they like~!!!

The way I see it, if they don't have a nice backside, why are they flaunting jeans that fit like a girdle 2-3 sizes too small? Again it's not flaunting but dressing for themselves and comfort!!

Backsides start sagging fairly early in life without a lot of exercise.  I see them in their 20's.  Not a pretty sight.  Who is anyone to judge!!

Then, most men don't wear their pants that tight displaying everything they own below the waist.

QVC says it is OK for women to dress like that because they are dressing women like that.  It's demeaning and unflattering to women.  It's another one of their policies I find disturbing. 

What's demeaning and disturbing is anyone feeling they have to be uncomfortable and dress in clothing they do not like or are comfortable in just to present a certain antiquated satandard!!

@Pook 

Why are you taking the time to say this to me?  To lecture me with your opposing view?  To disagree with my opinion?  You are not going to change mine. 

I thought we were going to stop that here and respect others views.  You said, "Who is anyone to judge."

You just judged me with your reply.

Keep in mind, I did not oppose anyone's opinion here by replying to them like you did. 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not in favor of a dress code and I'm not a pearl clutcher. However, I have one pet peeve and that is when the pants are so tight that they have 🐪🦶. I feel that It is disrespectful to the models. Am I wrong ?

@QVCkitty1    That's funny....but I have to agree.  Hard to "un-see".   👀

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not in favor of a dress code and I'm not a pearl clutcher. However, I have one pet peeve and that is when the pants are so tight that they have 🐪🦶. I feel that It is disrespectful to the models. Am I wrong ?

most need to size up

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.