Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Sex sells.  Men like to look at it, but not necessarily want their wives to wear anything that short.  

i do not know anyone whose husband/boyfriend dictate to

them what they have to wear!!  My SO of 37 years is still proud that I can wear shorter shorts [not as short as I did when younger!  but 3.5 - 4 inches/  He just told me   yesterday that he is glad I have not given in to the old wopmen's uniform boxy and shapeless look! 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not in favor of a dress code and I'm not a pearl clutcher. However, I have one pet peeve and that is when the pants are so tight that they have 🐪🦶. I feel that It is disrespectful to the models. Am I wrong ?

@QVCkitty1 

I agree with you.  I've often wondered how those models could allow themselves to be displayed like that.   (Maybe lack of self-respect.)

And ... then there's the NYDJ guy who likes to "snap" the model's pants.

Actually, I'm watching less and less.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not in favor of a dress code and I'm not a pearl clutcher. However, I have one pet peeve and that is when the pants are so tight that they have 🐪🦶. I feel that It is disrespectful to the models. Am I wrong ?

@QVCkitty1 

I agree with you.  I've often wondered how those models could allow themselves to be displayed like that.   (Maybe lack of self-respect.)

And ... then there's the NYDJ guy who likes to "snap" the model's pants.

Actually, I'm watching less and less.  

@ALRATIBA , I'm not going to judge the models because it's hard to go against what an employer requires. It does however show that the Q has little respect for these women. They are so bound and determined to shove everyone into a smaller size that the result is sometimes cringe worthy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

A bit off topic but does anyone watch tennis?  The outfits on the women are becoming more ridiculous with each tournament.  The men's shorts are almost down to their knees but the women's skirts barely cover their a-s.  I wonder if they're encouraged to wear such skimpy outfits.

@kaydee50   I never liked my tennis skirts too short but if they are too long, they look ridiculous.

Under the skirt, special shorts are worn with pockets so you are able to put a tennis ball there.

Blooming Jelly Womens Pleated Tennis Skirt High Waisted Golf Skirts Quick Dry Athletic Skort 2.5 inch with Pockets

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Before the day or time of the show, the models tell those who supply their clothes what size they need.  I would imagine the samples can be off and not fit the way they are expected to.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch QVC on TV but with all the differing opinions, this has been interesting. 

Respected Contributor

HA-HA!!

It's like the past repeating itself century after century with people complaining about clothing styles.

There is NOTHING immodest on QVC, least of all, Jane in a bathing suit.

And dress codes are only good if they can be mutually agreed upon and enforced, but they have NOTHING to do with the issue if someone's clothes size is too tight.

Gosh, go to a concert or a club, or a beach, and then you will really see what young people wear today!

Esteemed Contributor

When the clothing is so so tight, it doesn't show well.  And isn't showing the clothes well in order to sell them the point?  If the hosts like to wear super tight clothing, that's fine on their time.  But when you're trying to sell, wear the right size. Matters not to me if you're an xxxxs or a triple double L. Just wear your proper size when selling it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

This is very sad to me when everything is taken so lightly regarding how women should dress.  Looking and acting like a lady never goes out of style.  The world has a way of selling a way to dress which takes away the self-respect and modesty from women.  I will always dress like a lady and I do love pearls.  One day I will stand before my heavenly Father and give an account of how I have conducted myself while I had the privilege to live on this earth.