Super Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

When the clothing is so so tight, it doesn't show well.  And isn't showing the clothes well in order to sell them the point?  If the hosts like to wear super tight clothing, that's fine on their time.  But when you're trying to sell, wear the right size. Matters not to me if you're an xxxxs or a triple double L. Just wear your proper size when selling it.

It's not up to a random person on a forum (or anywhere) to determine someone's "right size".  Also, baggy is not always flattering. If you don't like the way a size looks on someone you see during a presentation, adjust accordingly based on your own preferences and body type and measurements.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Contributor

OP, your cap lock key must be stuck.

Super Contributor

@Monday 3 wrote:

This is very sad to me when everything is taken so lightly regarding how women should dress.  Looking and acting like a lady never goes out of style.  The world has a way of selling a way to dress which takes away the self-respect and modesty from women.  I will always dress like a lady and I do love pearls.  One day I will stand before my heavenly Father and give an account of how I have conducted myself while I had the privilege to live on this earth.    

There is no way a woman "should dress". We can all choose what makes us feel that we are empowered, that we are being our best, most authentic selves. That is the way we show ourselves respect. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Trusted Contributor

Looking at people wearing PJs and slippers in public as if they just rolled out of bed, I'll take 1953.  

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen anyone yet complain about the models that have to come out in a bra and panties.  That doesn't bother anyone, but the tight pants do????

Regular Contributor
I find it unfortunate for those who were never taught how to dress. Many speak of wanting to be "comfortable", but purchasing the correct size will make just about anything comfortable. If you think going to work in shorts and t-shirts is appropriate office attire, think again. Most likely you are missing out on promotional opportunities.
Honored Contributor

@nascarfan wrote:
I find it unfortunate for those who were never taught how to dress. Many speak of wanting to be "comfortable", but purchasing the correct size will make just about anything comfortable. If you think going to work in shorts and t-shirts is appropriate office attire, think again. Most likely you are missing out on promotional opportunities.

Taught how to dress?  Meaning stiffle individuality!!  Everyone has their own tastes in clothing!  No 2 people dress the same and have the exact same tastes but that statement shouts taught how to be fake and not comfortable and taught to wear very loose and boxy clothing at least a size too large so as not to appear to have a body shape and their own individual tastes and also why so many relationships fail because  their personalities have been stiffled so much they are boring so men cheat  because...

Most likely these women are missing out on life!!

Contributor

I had to stop buying QVC clothes awhile back when they started putting spandex in almost everything, not just pants. But I think it's funny how they claim everything is so stretchy as the poor models keep trying to yank their QVC tops down to cover their crotches because QVC makes everything too short now, and their tops don't stretch no matter how often they pull them down.

I feel sorry for the models having to wear this ill fitting cheaply made clothing. It's so weird to me how poorly QVC presents its products and it's especially weird when the hosts are wearing skin tight clothes, I couldn't imagine even going out of the house looking the way some of them do.

Contributor

I don't think anybody is saying to stifle your personality but wear appropriate clothes per the type of business you work for.  Most of us were taught by parents, school counselors, business mentors, etc. to succeed in the business world we needed to have two different types of clothing.  Professional for the work place and casual for the evenings & weekends.    

I find it interesting that men are still expected to wear suits and ties someplaces like in courtrooms, on TV news shows or in Congress but for the women sitting right next to them it seems anything goes.  

Regular Contributor

An above poster said: "dress codes are only good if they can be mutually agreed upon".  Not true. My job has a dress code and it was not "mutally agreed upon", the BOSS told us how to dress and we either do it or not work there.  So I don't know where that poster works but I assure you that not all dress codes are agreeded upon. Some times the boss dictates.