Respected Contributor

Re: Anthony Heywood is an excellent host

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

He was on this morning doing a kitchen clearance show, 4 am eastern.  He was quite proficient.  The best of his class, in my view.

He is great @Johnnyeager .  He was on very early this morning in a diamonique show.  Wonderful!

ITA!  I also saw him on the diamonique show and he was excellent.  Love his accent.  He is calm, explains everything in a professional manner and it is so wonderful to see a mature "man's man".  I am tired of seeing men constantly giggling like a school girl.  He is so refreshing and look forward to seeing him during the day time.

Contributor

I totally agree with you!  That British accent gets on my last nerve.  I see him as a host and I can't reach for the remote fast enough.  

Respected Contributor

@Donnainsomers wrote:

I totally agree with you!  That British accent gets on my last nerve.  I see him as a host and I can't reach for the remote fast enough.  

He may or may not be a great host.

I just cannot listen more than a short time to the British accent.  No offense to the British, I just can't do it very long.

My daughter has visited England about 3 times.  She is picked out as an American very quickly!  Yes, we speak very differently.  She had a friend that visited us a few times.  It did not bother me at all to listen to him for some reason.  Maybe it feels different in person.

Hyacinth

He is no longer with QVC

Respected Contributor

@EWA in PA wrote:

He is no longer with QVC

What the heck is going on at QVC? The turnover rate is becoming concerning. I have to wonder if it is just hosts or is this trickling down to the buyers, merchandisers, set designers and customer service representatives ?