Contributor

Did you just hear Amy blantantly slam Bare Minerals in her IT Cosmetics presentation? For her to do that to another of QVC's products was tacky.  

Esteemed Contributor

No.  What did she say?

Esteemed Contributor

Did not hear it but I wonder if anyone called her out for that behind the scenes.

What actually did she say?

Trusted Contributor

I didn't hear her comment, but not surprised.  Some of the things she says sounds a bit crude to me.  With all the new talent on the Q, I wish they would push her to the overnight slots.  When she says things trying to be 'cool', it's never a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the boards.  What did she say?  I have to say that from your few posts, it sounds as if I miss a lot!

Honored Contributor

I didn't hear it today, but I have heard her (& other hosts) slam a competitor's products on air. I agree...tacky is putting it lightly. If I was one of the vendors being slammed I would certainly express my displeasure to the QVC executive team.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I believe A280479 is the item number the OP is talking about.  The video is up and maybe the slam went over my head or maybe it was another item.  All she said that I heard was loose powder foundation gets messy and flies all over the bathroom countertops. 

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

She was talking about the IT CC Veil and mentioned that sometimes powders will fly all over the bathroom and can be messy.  I didn't personally hear her mention BM.   . 

Is that all?

I don't see that as a slam. I see it as a true statement. Powders do tend to fly all over the bathroom.

It seems you're digging pretty deep to find something to slam Amy for, IMO

Honored Contributor

I've heard that comment a lot and all I can say is "how much loose foundation are you using?"

When Leslie used to demo the produce, she put like 1/16th of a tsp in the lid.

I tap of the sifter people!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I have used BareMinerals for years. Used to pass Leslie Blodgett on Fillmore St often back in the day and am a happy customer. With that said, I sometimes make a mess with my mineral powder and am happy to have the pressed product now so I would not perceive Amy's comment as a slam but as the truth. I use the product in spite of the messiness factor but it is definitely not as neat as a pressed product or powder/cream and lacks the sunscreen 50 factor of the cc cream.