Honored Contributor

Do they still sell Bare Minerals on the Q?

Honored Contributor

Just looked and see they do.  Haven't seen it presented in ages, but then I don't really watch beauty so that's probably why.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I believe A280479 is the item number the OP is talking about.  The video is up and maybe the slam went over my head or maybe it was another item.  All she said that I heard was loose powder foundation gets messy and flies all over the bathroom countertops. 

True statements. Not a slam at all 

some users might not care that they have to clean up the dust and others will. I think she was doing her job as a host to make what was being sold at the moment, seem like the best choice. 

Honored Contributor

The BM loose powder all over the place is why they got into solid and liquid product. Their rep even mentioned that on air one time, customers would often say they loved the products, but were not happy with the loose powder being messy. I use it and there's powder in the sink after I apply it. I use their whole line because it looks natural on my old face. Amy just talks, I don't think she has time to think before she speaks, she wouldn't even consider that remark a slam on any brand, just an inconvenience of the product.

Respected Contributor

People are sooooo dramatic.

Honored Contributor

I didn't hear what she said, but if she warned people it can be a messy line, it's not a slam, it's true -  and people who don't want to deal with that should be buying something besides their powder line.  I applaud Amy for telling it like it is -  probably saves everyone money -  the people who pay to return it and the companies that lose money with those returns.

I tossed everything I bought from that line without ever using all of any item, and for me, that's unusual.  I hate that kind of waste. but I was never pleased with the look I could achieve and I hated the mess. 

I use so little makeup now that I just buy locally, so I don't watch except occasionally to hear a tip.  I do still buy QVC's skincare offerings quite often.

Trusted Contributor

Did she actually name the competitor's product? If so, that is really a low class, unprofessional way to go. Hopefully the powers that be will put an end to it.

dee

Honored Contributor

I am not really keen on breathing in anything loose like that.

Valued Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Did she actually name the competitor's product? If so, that is really a low class, unprofessional way to go. Hopefully the powers that be will put an end to it.

dee

@deedledeedeedle I watched the video and she did not mention any other brand.

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 I agree. I've been using BM for 5+yrs. I have never had it "fly all over". I tap it into the lid, just like it says. I have never had a mess.