Super Contributor

Didn't hear her say a specific brand, just said other ones get messy and all over the countertop.

Contributor

Amy said the exact words that they use each time they demonstrate how to apply Bare Minerals.  They always say swirl, tap, before applying.  It did not escape me what she was referring to.  The product is A280479.  I'm not offended because I don't use Bare Minerals, but just thought it was something she should watch.  I usually don't watch her, but I do like IT cosmetics.  Sorry if my post offended anyone.  

Honored Contributor

Seeing as the OP never returned, I'm guessing this was started to stir the pot. 

Image result for stir the pot meme

Honored Contributor

That's funny because, I bought the IT Celebration powder foundation, and that's EXACTLY what was happening when I used it---there was dust flying everywhere. I saw that happening on the demo and thought it was reallly excessive, but bought it anyway---dumb-----and will be returning it.

Esteemed Contributor

So, when a host says to "swirl, tap, before applying" is a "slam"?Woman Surprised

Woooooooow.

I think that the o/p has way, way, way too much time on their hands, and is reading something in to a statement, that wasn't even there in the first place.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, "Never?" Hmmmmmm.......

Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

Amy said the exact words that they use each time they demonstrate how to apply Bare Minerals.  They always say swirl, tap, before applying.  It did not escape me what she was referring to.  The product is A280479.  I'm not offended because I don't use Bare Minerals, but just thought it was something she should watch.  I usually don't watch her, but I do like IT cosmetics.  Sorry if my post offended anyone.  

@buddysgirl

Not trying to be argumentative at all (and I'm not a BM user), but all loose powder foundations such as BM and many others, say to "swirl and tap" to remove excess powder on the brush, before applying.

I truly don't think her statement was meant to be specific to BM products, JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl, you really should have gone with "buddysgirl's slam."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

'All in all', loose powders can be a bit messy.  No matter which brand.   And if/when they 'tip over', I'm not a happy camper, having to scrape off the table all of the tipped over residue.  Js'  (Just sayin')

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I missed it because I never watch any hour that host is on (her voice & my ears don't mix).

I only use Bare Minerals .... and yes, if you do not swirl/tap properly, powder will "fly". but when I used liquid foundation, what a mess on my fingers, and my pores (yuk).   The powder does not coagulate into my pores and clog them.  Ladies, if you are not satisfied with B.E. powder foundation, you're doing something wrong~!  I know this is about a show host dissing another Q product, but with her talking 200 wpm, I am surprised anyone heard that!