Honored Contributor

I used to use BM years ago and sometimes, no matter how careful I tried to be, I'd knock the container and it would spill all over.  I switched to LG a long time ago for that very reason.  I still use some BM products (Mineral Veil and eye shadows), but that's about it.

I also use their cleaner for my brushes.  I don't see anything wrong in mixing brands.

And I also don't see anything wrong in what Amy said.  Some people will find a slam in the most innocuous statements.

Esteemed Contributor

There are some posters who are so enamored with a certain line of make-up, hair care or clothing that they simply cannot tolerate the slightest innuendo that their favorite is not pure perfection in every way and see a slam in any comment that does not,fully,support their favorite.

For further proof simply select just about any of the brand specific forums on this board and start reading.

Esteemed Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

Did you just hear Amy blantantly slam Bare Minerals in her IT Cosmetics presentation? For her to do that to another of QVC's products was tacky.  

I just read all the replies, and apparently all she said was that loose powder can be messy.  Which is true.

How is that "blatantly" slamming Bare Minerals?  It doesn't seem as though she mentioned Bare Minerals at all.

Honored Contributor

I watched that whole show...........and that egregious incident went right over my head....................I really must start paying better attention.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

She was talking about the IT CC Veil and mentioned that sometimes powders will fly all over the bathroom and can be messy.  I didn't personally hear her mention BM.   . 

Is that all?

I don't see that as a slam. I see it as a true statement. Powders do tend to fly all over the bathroom.

It seems you're digging pretty deep to find something to slam Amy for, IMO

Agreed @Ms tyrion2, I watched the presentation and she never once named or slammed anyone. 

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

People are sooooo dramatic.

Ain;t that the truth!!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't find offense with her comment because it is true! If you have ever used loose powder you know it is......

Might be an issue for someone using it .

Honored Contributor

Before BE put sifters in the eyeshadows, I knocked an entire pink eyeshadow jar on my white bathroom rug.  

Luckily it was washable.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl wrote:

Did you just hear Amy blantantly slam Bare Minerals in her IT Cosmetics presentation? For her to do that to another of QVC's products was tacky.  

No, sure didn't hear that at all.

Giphy Embed

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl

Amy mentioned "loose powder" foundations and of all the hundreds of loose powder foundations on the market, you went straight to Bare Minerals??? 

You are stretching the meaning of the word blatantly, until it's definition is unrecognizable.  Unless Amy stated BM by name or even tried to describe it, she did nothing of the kind.  Loose powders can get all over the place.  That's no secret.  

I love to use Laura Geller Balance N Brighten sometimes, and although it's not a loose powder it can still get all over the place.  Yep, she's right.