Occasional Contributor

I received the Linea crop pants yesterday in all four colors.  I know there was some concern about size based on the q measurements. I ordered my regular Linea size 6 and the fit was perfect and consistent across all four colors.  I ordered two pair of ankle pants from another vendor a few months ago and one pair fit perfect and the other was about a half size smaller.  Not with Linea!  Color and consistency across all Louis’ designs.

i can’t wait to see the rest of the spring/summer line.  Thanks Louis!

Valued Contributor

Re: Linea light crop pants

[ Edited ]

Good to know. Mine are expected to arrive Friday. I know what you mean about the same size being sized differently across colors. I ordered 4 pair of the Flexibelle crop jeans TSV and one fit true to my usual size in that line. One fit a size larger. And, the other two fit a size smaller. Same item number...same size...had to return 3 pair. In a case like that, you can't even begin to figure out "exchanges" to save on shipping. I've notice Louis is very concientious about keeping that issue to a minimum. I've had a couple Linea swing cardigans be two sizes apart yet have the same size number in each garment. But, that doesn't happen often in Linea.

Edit: Forgot to mention I ordered all 4 colors. Went back and ordered duplicates of black and navy.

Super Contributor

@Gw320wrote:

I received the Linea crop pants yesterday in all four colors.  I know there was some concern about size based on the q measurements. I ordered my regular Linea size 6 and the fit was perfect and consistent across all four colors.  I ordered two pair of ankle pants from another vendor a few months ago and one pair fit perfect and the other was about a half size smaller.  Not with Linea!  Color and consistency across all Louis’ designs.

i can’t wait to see the rest of the spring/summer line.  Thanks Louis!

How did the fabric comparee with the super ponte? I hope to get mine later this week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got mine yesterday too in my regular size 4 and they were perfect. This light weight Ponte is everything Louis said. The white isn't see through at all. I got three colors and was happy I did. I just ordered another pair of black and white, and picked up the navy.. These are going to get quick rotations in my wardrobe. I also like that they are a little dressier than cotton pants and don't wrinkle.

Valued Contributor

My concern was with the listed waist circumferance, which was a full 2" less, across the sizes, than the normal for any of the other ponte pants, while the hip circumferances remained the same. Is everyone saying that this is not the case, & that this was a mistake? I ordered up because of this - 2" is, after all, quite significant, and I figured I could always get the hips altered if necessary - but it did  cause me to order only one pair in the black, when I also would have ordered more colors. Any thoughts?

Contributor

Mine fit the same as the bootcut super Ponte. The waiste band did not feel any tighter to me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WNYgalwrote:

My concern was with the listed waist circumferance, which was a full 2" less, across the sizes, than the normal for any of the other ponte pants, while the hip circumferances remained the same. Is everyone saying that this is not the case, & that this was a mistake? I ordered up because of this - 2" is, after all, quite significant, and I figured I could always get the hips altered if necessary - but it did  cause me to order only one pair in the black, when I also would have ordered more colors. Any thoughts?

Louis did address that concern on one of the shows, as he was aware there had been chatter about it---he said order your regular size!  Too bad you missed that.  You may want to put your regulr size on Check Hold or Waitlist, as the case may be, in case what you ordered does not fit properly. I messed up on the Petite Ponte Bootcut and ordered a size too big (have no excuse as to why I did that, though), and now I am on the dreaded Waitlist!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

@Maxine49wrote:

@WNYgalwrote:

Louis did address that concern on one of the shows, as he was aware there had been chatter about it---he said order your regular size!  Too bad you missed that.  You may want to put your regulr size on Check Hold or Waitlist, as the case may be, in case what your ordered does not fit properly. I messed up on the Petite Ponte Bootcut and ordered a size too big (have no excuse as to why I did that, though), and now I am on the dreaded Waitlist!

did miss that, Sheesh, because I had asked him directly on his blog about it, as it seemed so inconsistent. Nuts. Of course, the only size that's sold out is in the color I really need now, the linen. Thanks for your helpful reply. I guess I'll be sending the black back & replacing. It's certainly cheaper than tailoring.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wondered about that 2" difference in the waist measurements, too. Thanks for sharing Louis's comment. I have the linen on waitlist, hoping that there are some exchanges.

If you ordered based on click here measurements, you shouldn't have to eat the return shipping (assuming your size is not available for exchange)

Valued Contributor

My three pairs arrived this morning and I am over the moon with them---the fabric exceeded my expectations.  It has a great "hand"--smooth, sleek, wrinkle free and can easily be dressed up.  I got two in size 4 (white, black) and decided to take a chance on a linen size 6 that popped back into stock for a nano second.  I LOVE the fit of the 4 and am keeping the size 6 too (even though it is a tiny bit bigger than I like, but the size difference was almost unnoticable to hubby!!!).  I am straight up and down--not curvy--5'6", 128 pounds, and have about a 30 inch waist and 37 inch hips (give or take an inch on both).  They REALLY REALLY fit (and feel) GREAT!!!!  I love them with the new WK scoop neck tunic with the front pockets.  By the way, as others have said, the fabric is  absolutely no see-through!

HAPPY CAMPER

AKA

KK