Valued Contributor

Re: Linea light crop pants

[ Edited ]

Well, my crops just arrived, which I ordered up a size in because of those incorrect "click here measurements", and they will have to go back. LDO's warning for those of us who already have the super pontes was certainly helpful if we were watching that particular showing, but what about all the other women who were not, have read the already glowing reviews, & don't realize that those measurements are WRONG? And they still are: I measured the pants I received as soon as I'd tried them on, just to make sure I wasn't making too much of this, found myself looking like the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees, not to say waist, & found the waist to be exactly 2" larger than listed, with some of the other measurements that QVC listed, including the leg opening, to be way off as well. There are women out there who complain in the reviews if they have to hem pants or sleeves, for crying out loud; these kinds of mistakes in the Q's 
"click heres" can really make a difference to women who aren't afficionados if we all say these pants fit perfectly without explaining why when the so-called "facts" appear otherwise. Who do we call to get this straight so LDO, & we, don't lose this item from the line?

Respected Contributor

I just received my new crop pants in black and navy, size 6.  Perfect! The fit is consistent with my other Linea ponte pants and both colors fit exactly the same.  I love that they are a little longer than other crop pants that I own and the fabric is fabulous...perfect for warmer weather.  These crops can definitely be dressed up or down and I'm so happy I ordered them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received my ponte crop pants today. I ordered them in petites and am glad I did because the petites are longish for a crop pant. I ordered a regular to compare and those were at my ankles - and I'm 5'7". I also ordered them in the exact size I order the ponte full-length pants (the slim leg, not the boot-cut) and they were true to the fit of those. The only pant I varied size on was the white where I sized up one to have the looser length not knowing how much lighter the knit was versus the usual super ponte. I will keep that one, but the knit - although lighter - is still substantial enough not to show knee dimples and such so I could have stayed with my usual size there. I have muscular legs and was concerned about how form-fitting the leg would be in the lighter colors. No problem with the knit. Only thing I miss on these is that I would have preferred a small slit at the hems for ease over the calf. I may add those yet.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I ordered all colors. I've gone back and ordered duplicates of a couple. These are definately 5-star pants.

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49wrote:

Louis did address that concern on one of the shows, as he was aware there had been chatter about it---he said order your regular size!  Too bad you missed that.  You may want to put your regulr size on Check Hold or Waitlist, as the case may be, in case what you ordered does not fit properly. I messed up on the Petite Ponte Bootcut and ordered a size too big (have no excuse as to why I did that, though), and now I am on the dreaded Waitlist!

@Maxine49

That's exactly right. And, Louis also addressed the sizing on his blog before his shows...telling us to "order the same size as the boot leg pant." I even posted his comment here in the forum, because many of us noticed the odd QVC measurements.

Valued Contributor

I give up. It's not just about the "Linea Ladies". When OTHER WOMEN who aren't in the "know" read the click heres, then read all the "prefect" reviews, and THEN order on that basis, when those click heres continue to be WRONG, and your reviews are based on basically inside knowledge pertaining to ownership of pants and information OTHER WOMEN don't have if they didn't happen to catch that particular show, they will probably NOT order their correct size. I'm sorry if I'm not being clear enough for some of you (cough, cough, Grace). I"ve already called CS, but I'm out.

Respected Contributor

I just read the reviews and everyone is mentioning that the fit is consistent with other Linea ponte pants.  I also included it in my review.  Hopefully, this information will help those who haven't ordered yet, choose the correct size.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WNYgalwrote:

I give up. It's not just about the "Linea Ladies". When OTHER WOMEN who aren't in the "know" read the click heres, then read all the "prefect" reviews, and THEN order on that basis, when those click heres continue to be WRONG, and your reviews are based on basically inside knowledge pertaining to ownership of pants and information OTHER WOMEN don't have if they didn't happen to catch that particular show, they will probably NOT order their correct size. I'm sorry if I'm not being clear enough for some of you (cough, cough, Grace). I"ve already called CS, but I'm out.

I can see you're having a meltdown over the measurements, but there's no reason for you to be rude. Louis gave us the heads up about the sizing, and as @Maxine49 told you...it's too bad you missed that. It's not as if this hasn't happened before with "click here" measurements...As it turns out, there are no complaints from LL's or other buyers about the sizing of the crop pants in any reviews thus far, which are all 5 stars. If anyone needs to swap sizes, there is plenty of availability in 3 colors with free exchanges. Problem solved.

Frequent Contributor

I went by the "click here" measurements and the pants are a little bigger than I like but certainly not too big to send back. I don't have the full length ponte pants so I didn't have those to compare when it came to ordering. In hindsight, and after reading Louis's comments, I ordered another pair a size smaller. The smaller size fits perfectly, but the larger size isn't so much bigger that I can't wear them; I feel that these pants are very forgiving. I did order three more pair in the smaller size. As far as I am concerned, these are the "perfect pant"! 

Respected Contributor

I always order my regular size.  I ordered the black and white and they were a perfect slimming fit.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the black and the navy in my reg size and they fit great. I may need to buy my sister a pair for her birthday. I made the mistake of turning her onto the Super Ponte and she is hooked!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."