Respected Contributor

How do you launder your Whisper Knit?

Prior to now, I only had a couple of WK pieces that I launder in the hand wash cycle.  I'm curious how you care for your WK.  Does anyone dry clean?  I really want to keep my new pieces looking great.

Super Contributor

Re: How do you launder your Whisper Knit?

I wash them separate from my regular wash. Dark knit with dark knit- light knit with light knit. I turn them inside out on gentle cycle in cool water. I remove them promptly from the wash. I put them in the dryer on normal cycle for ONE minute just to get the gross wrinkling out. I then lay them flat to dry. When 99 % dry, I hang them to remove any remaining wrinkles. 

Valued Contributor

I've had WK for years have washed them on cold cycle and dried completely in dryer. No shrinkage or pilling. They still look like new.

Respected Contributor

I hand wash with color fast Woolite in cold water and dry flat on my dry flat screen.  They turn out perfect.  You probably also wash in cold water and color appropriate Woolite on the delicate cycle in your washing machine.  I would never put in dryer though.  I still would dry flat.

Valued Contributor

Machine wash, delicate cycle, inside a laundry washing bag, cold water, using my regular laundry detergent, Tide Free.  Out of the laundry bag, put in dryer for about 3 minutes on extra low heat, then I hang to dry on these wonderful hangers QVC sold many years ago that are specifically for drying clothes.

I experience, no shrinkage, no stretching, no pilling.  Occasionally I have seen comments that her Whisper Knit sweaters have pilled, and I really don’t get it. Mine are a few years old now and there is absolutely no pilling on any of them.

Valued Contributor

Here is a photo of these super wonderful hangers. I ever so much wish I could get more.  I have searched and searched for drying hangers but never seen anything great like this.  They open up the garment to allow air flow, shape the shoulders, with no stretching of the shoulder and no distortion.  In the good ole days, QVC used to bring the best gadgets.

D726AE17-B9BD-42F3-9DDD-D9F8E01F2CCD.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I wash mine inside out with woolite, hand wash cycle, cold water hang or lie flat to dry I don't use a dryer at all.  Colors stay perfect and I've had no pilling issue.

Regular Contributor

Turn inside out. Place in mesh washing bag. Machine wash, cold water, delicate cycle, using colorfast Woolite or similar mild detergent, cold extra rinse cycle. I roll every needle rib (double weight) WK items in an absorbent terrycloth towel, and dry flat on a drying screen or a towel. I put regular WK items inside out in the dryer (no heat setting) to tumble for 20 minutes to a half-hour, hang to dry on a "Huggable"-style felted hanger, then tumble in the dryer on low setting for a few minutes, fold, and store flat. I have scads of Whisper Knits dating back to the very first offerings, and they still look like new.

Esteemed Contributor

Off Topic

Wow! Those hangers are great @JGalt, you should move that photo to the suggestion box or email it to the buyers using the "contact us" below. Maybe they can dig out who manufactured them in the past.

I hang dry nearly everything.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@many_hosta brings out what may be an important distinction. I do not have any of the ENR Whisper Knit as I found I didn’t like it at all and returned the couple I tried.  Laundering those may be different.