Honored Contributor

Re: Lace Pant Review

[ Edited ]

Thank you for posting, JJM.

I checked into that site, and at this point, I am following my own color cues.

My self before the last decade and a half and when I had all my hormones was definitely a Winter.  No doubt about it.

Now, I am a modified Winter.  Definitely not an Autumn.  

I am still successfully wearing the entire middle swatch of Winter (they flatter) but only the top three colors of the swatches on the left and the right of the middle swatch.  Now I understand my "newly" (last 10 years) discovered success with the browns on the top middle swatch.  I never knew they were my colors until fairly recently. 

Things change...

ETA:  Just noticed the chocolate brown on the swatch to the right.  I am able to wear that well, thank heavens.

One other thing:  You mentioned you did not choose a white wedding gown.  My first wedding gown was  "bedsheet white."   For propriety's sake, my dress for my second wedding was a creamy/ivory color. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@rochelleS  I like the boysenberry as it definitely is a berry color. I’m not too good at figuring undertones on fabrics. 

I put the 2nd set on express delivery so hopefully it won’t sit there for 5 days before shipping.

I am a fair skinned olive complexioned brunette, & I’m probably a ‘Winter’. Olives look good on me too.

I look good in jewel tones & white makes me look washed out as do certain yellows. My wedding dress was an ivory satin/lace. I had tried on white dresses & looked awful. The ivory is softer looking. Anyway, I didn’t get the ivory set of pants, jacket & tank. 

Yes, we are all excited here! 

DH thought I was wearing black to the wedding! I told him that’s considered an insult in some cultures — like you are in mourning! If I was a guest, I would have maybe worn something black. 

@JustJazzmom 

Please pardon my belated response. I've been helping my Sister who had a big surgery this past week.

I appreciate your reply. I see you already received the next size up in the Lace pants. I see my Dill has shipped, but the Indigo and Ivory are still in process, in spite of these all being on one order. 🙄 Well, I guess I'll be able to see how they'll fit. I have another size on check, just in case. 

I thought about my (2nd) wedding when you mentioned your dress. It was very small, initially planned to take place in the Rabbi's study, but it was such a beautiful day, we moved into the courtyard. I did all the floral arrangements. Many huge baskets of fresh plants, annuals and perrenials, all a bloom, plus table pieces for the dinner afterwards. You would have loved it. Of course I planted everything in our yard and many are still alive and blooming. I wore a pale olive lace suit. Still have that too. We had a huge party a couple months later that was amazing. Wonderful memories! 💝💘💖  I can appreciate your excitement! 

Did you order the lace jacket? 

Colors and undertones can be tricky for many. I understand. I'll take another shot and ask if the Boysenberry is close in color to the Sangria in any way? Of course, if and when you have time, please. I do not want to impose myself in any way. Whatever works for you, or not. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  The sangria isn’t close at all to the boysenberry color at all. And yes, I ordered the lace jacket & the tank. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼