Respected Contributor

Lace Pant Review

[ Edited ]

I just received the Indigo.  Gorgeous color. The gradation in the color is stunning--background is deep grey, almost black, so wearing with black is another option I did not think we'd have with this color.

Now, my hips are my problem area. I ordered the "larger" of my lettered size. I stopped pulling them over my hips when I heard a thread pop! I'm on a diet (again--sigh!) so I will keep these and wear when I lose 10-15 lbs, but for anyone who has hip issues, make sure you are ordering the correct size--there is not an ounce of give in them.

Just to clarify: I ordered the same size that I wear in the Slim Ponte and Boot Cut Ponte Pants which fit me just fine with plenty of room, so the Lace is definitely smaller. I really hate to give sizing advice, but I thought in this instance, I should give my review. If you have already ordered, perhaps put the next size on Check Hold until you try yours on.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I received mine today so will try on now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom I think we wear basically the same size and I got a 12 petite, my pants are still in process. Can't wait to get it!

Respected Contributor

Fits me true to size with other Linea pants, in the longer length, though I am 5'4"

Honored Contributor

I need the next size up from 12!  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Now that I have calmed down a little — let me review them both.

I tried on the boysenberry & as @Maxine49 said, there is no stretch on the lace  or the lining below.

Please remember that when you are looking at garment measurements, they are OUTER garment measurements, not taking into account the INNER lining.

Both the dill & boysenberry colors look fabulous as does the lace! I ordered the Petite inseam being 5’2” & they weren’t dragging on the floor. I didn’t measure the actual inseam.

I have ordered the next size up & must lose a few pounds (don’t we all?)

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

Thanks to both you and @Maxine49 for sharing your fit results. There's been a couple other comments either here or in the reviews that have stated exactly the same...go up in size. This info will save us from return/exchanges and risking possible sellouts. I'll go up from my usual size in the Ponte pant. Hopefully, that'll be an adequate fit in the hips.

I recall you ordered the Boysenberry and Dill. And Congrats on your son's upcoming wedding! What's your opinion on the colors? Especially the Boysenberry, I read a review stating it had alot of brown undertones, a very fall color and very different, in her opinion, from the on air color, not a "summer" color. Louis had previously offered a Raspberry WK that had a brown undertone, I own a couple pieces and wonder if there's a similarity? The Dill intrigues me. An olive toned lace is definitely not common at all... I'd love to hear your comments. Much TIA! ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  I like the boysenberry as it definitely is a berry color. I’m not too good at figuring undertones on fabrics. 

I put the 2nd set on express delivery so hopefully it won’t sit there for 5 days before shipping.

I am a fair skinned olive complexioned brunette, & I’m probably a ‘Winter’. Olives look good on me too.

I look good in jewel tones & white makes me look washed out as do certain yellows. My wedding dress was an ivory satin/lace. I had tried on white dresses & looked awful. The ivory is softer looking. Anyway, I didn’t get the ivory set of pants, jacket & tank. 

Yes, we are all excited here! 

DH thought I was wearing black to the wedding! I told him that’s considered an insult in some cultures — like you are in mourning! If I was a guest, I would have maybe worn something black. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I am a fair skinned olive complexioned brunette, & I’m probably a ‘Winter’. Olives look good on me too.

I look good in jewel tones & white makes me look washed out as do certain yellows. My wedding dress was an ivory satin/lace. I had tried on white dresses & looked awful. The ivory is softer looking. Anyway, I didn’t get the ivory set of pants, jacket & tank. 

JJM, if you can't wear White, then you are not a Winter, as White is the hallmark of a Winter. If you look good in Olives, and have an olive complexion, then you are likely a Fall or Spring---but wasn't that "book" updated to go from 4 seasons/categories to 8? I must have read that over 25 years ago!

Anywhow, of course, wear whatever you think looks good on you. And, when people give you compliments on how you look, take notice of what you are wearing--those are your colors!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on sizing, Sheesh!  I ordered up a size as I usually do for the warm weather months as I like a looser fit for better air circulation.  The on-line measurements for my normal size looked like like they would fit me fine were I not going to wear them in the warm weather months, so going up one size will probably be just fine.  Can't wait to get mine!  I ordered the Ivory.