Respected Contributor

Mr. 4 kitties fired up the grill and made hamburgers.  We had lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion as toppings.  

Had some leftover pasta salad too.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Pooky1, as usual you are busy. Too stinking hot for me to do much. But then I sure got old. Wish I could have a garden again but those days are gone.

So hot here this past weekend - just miserable. Have to admit it is better today but still a bit too sticky for me. Am so glad you got a new AC Pooky1. Am sure it will be time for mine to crash. I do not have central cooling/heating. MY AC is window units ALL Sears. I swear by Sears but those days are gone.. "The one in the living room is very large and is 19 years old. One in my bedroom is 20 years old and both are fine. The little one in the wall in the kitchen is doing fine - it is small but cools it off - the first small one I put in there did not last bu about 5 years. One bedroom does not have an AC in it - only a couple hours a day when it may be too warm. Has  great window fan and ceiling fan. That is the room that always has the young ones in it. LOL

Am going to have potato salad for dinner - very shortly.

Hope all sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in july

[ Edited ]

good evening everyone.winifred. i agree with you on sears airconditioners. kenmore ac is my first choice. the ac we just replaced was a 13 year old 1200 btu kenmore ac. and the ac in bedroom we bought 4 years ago was a kenmore elite. there ac units are very powerful and there my first choice. the ac we bought 4 years ago we ordered online at beginning of the season but with ac dieing when it was very hot and humid i couldnt order a kenmonre online and wait for it to come in so i bought what was available in lowes. ge was our only choice. 

but it seems to be very good.hot and hum\id today and we had to get out of pool when we hurd thunder and good th\ing we did. the storm went on for a couple hours but gave us an inch of rain that we needed. we for dinner ria had marinated chicken that i cooked to go on a salad. it was good. this weekend wou]ld have been our parish feast and fair ground is right across the street from our house but its sad that there wont be anything across the street this year. hope everyone is doing well and is eatting good.

Respected Contributor

I live in Az. 2 huge a/c units going non stop 110 & higher temps. I love my house DH says sell it just 2 of us get smaller, I love neighborhood not  there yet but the 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath is alot to take care of. I clean it. I don't need this big house but don't want to move, house is paid for. What do I need to do? Understand he is right . I just don't want to do it. found a side by side refrig hope no appliance break down they have no replacements. Getting replacement appliances i hard to find. 

Respected Contributor

Hey people, we need to get a move on and get this topic jumping!!

Got my feeders filled this morning - so difficult to do any more. Did NO cooking today except popped a cinnamon raisin bagel in the toaster and then spread it with cream cheese. Similar breakfast - oatmeal but it was the quick and easy kind to fix - just toss in hot water. I can do that well. Finished up my veggies cooked in the WOK and yes, had ta piece of orange chicken left in it - very good. I really have gotten to enjoy those WOK meals - so easy to fix and always good.

I think I need to buy some collards and toss them  in a pot to cook for dinner tomorrow - easy to fix some cornbread and that will be that. Haven't had those collards in several months. They have gotten horribly expensive and I think that is terrible. LOve that combo also - collards and cornbread.

Hope all had a great day and also hope tomorrow will be just as good - if not even better. Sleep well everyone.

Suppose to drop a couple degrees tomorrow - I hope so and then the rest of the week it will get down ino the 80s. Sounds good to me.

Trusted Contributor

Hi What's Cooking group! Is an occasional lurker who loves to cook but hasn't posted here before welcome? I don't want to intrude, but I'm enjoying the talk I see here about cooking, growing, and other things about daily life. Daily life is what we have!

Respected Contributor

Had brats on the grill last night. Also some mac and cheese.Cookies for dessert.

Have one tomato ready for picking.Only have one tomato plant as there are omly two of us.Have lettuce.chives and parsley also.Have all this stuff on our deck,so it's handy.

Take care all.

Respected Contributor

@KaySD  Hello there. Glad you could join us here. Please chime in whenever you feel like it. Enjoy your day!

Trusted Contributor

@hellie jo Thanks for the welcome!

At least half the time, I make dinner for breakfast. Weird, but it's the time of day I like to cook--it's not too hot (no A/C here), I'm not too tired, and we're usually pretty hungry in the morning.

Often, I make enough to have the same meal later in the day or the next day. Or I make extra of one part of the meal. So I always have a nice, comforting little stack of containers with stuff for another meal (and I'm less inclined to eat cheese and crackers and call it a day).

Today, I air fried (i.e. baked) some chicken breasts, and steamed a ridiculous amount of broccoli. I topped it all with Agrumato, which is my new favorite thing--olive oil coldpressed with lemons. Pricey but goes a long way as a condiment on just about anything I can imagine--chicken, fish, all veggies, pasts, even potatoes and rice. Maybe not beef or things with tomatoes or peppers. 

I have leftover chicken for a stirfry this evening, and leftover broccoli--maybe a topping for a bowl of soup? Maybe cream of celery, because I have a giant head of celery? I actually don't have a recipe for that. And it's lunchtime, so maybe tomorrow...

Cheers, everybody.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.  and welcome kaysd. your more than welcome to join us. the more the merrier so talk or type away.another hot and humid day. this year seems to be extra hot and allways humid.this week maria cooked chicken fahitahs. with red peppers and lots for leftovers and on the side i made a pasta side dish and today on side my mil made a fresh tomato pizza and sent half of it to us. and yestauday i made cowboy steak sandwich and french fries. that recipe comes from rea drummond the pioneer woman. all was very good. steak got onion, wostershire sauce, hot sauce, butter served on a torpedo roll.hope every has a great night.